Lets Have Our Current Photos In Our Avatars

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Hal Pollner, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To be fully truthful, I would rather NOT see the pictures of whom is doing all the posting.
    The reason is that I, after reading what someone has posted on a myriad of subjects, have a picture in my brain of what that person may look like or perhaps even looked like 20 or 30 years ago depending on the posts.

The point is, I see what that person is like through their writing. There are many.....many fine authors whom I know that I have never seen a picture of but I have formed a persona that fits with the writing. It may not be good science nor even a good literary position to take but I like adding a bit of imaginary fiction to the non-fiction which to me, adds a lot to a post.

I can say one thing though about my imagination; When I do see a picture of whomever is doing the writing, it’s amazing how close my matchups come.

2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't know if you used them, but if so, do you remember decades ago when people on forums never posted their actual pictures? It was interesting the relationship connections made without one person originally knowing what another person looked like. They just gravitated together based on the way the way the other person posted. (charm, wit, humor) There was something really nice, and very real, about how that worked. I posted on a military chat site since I worked for the military and was never disappointed when the time came that I met someone in person who I had been posting with.

3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yes, I absolutely do remember, especially about 19 or so years ago when I was first writing back and forth to a wonderful little lady who is now......my wife. :)

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What always seems sad to me , is when people decide to leave the forum for some reason, they always seem to think that it requires them to delete their avatar.
    If it is a personal picture of yourself and you never plan to come back to the forum again, or some other serious reason, I can see deleting your avatar; but often, we only have some picture that is not important, but is what we use for our avatar.
    Some people never even upload an avatar, and then I always think that they do not really want to be “known” in this forum, unless they specify that they can’t upload one for some reason.

My avatar is sometimes me, sometimes something else, depending on what feels right to me at the time. Since my birthday is in January, and Bobby’s is in February , it just seemed right to have the picture of us for my avatar right now.

5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I get mental pictures of persons I don't like, and they always have..... .. ....... ... without exception!

Hal

Bess Barber likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Huh?

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree, Yvonne. I have always wondered why people feel it necessary to remove their avatar when they leave in a huff. :rolleyes: If I get annoyed and take a break, I just go away for a few days.

Personally speaking, I don't like seeing my own face when I'm posting and I don't care for over-sharing on the internet.

8. Hal Pollner

Registered

HEY SHIRLEY MARTIN:

Thanks for uploading the Four Lads performance of "Standing on the Corner", from the 1956 musical "The Most Happy Fella"!

For an even greater treat, transfer the VIDEO of the same song, sung by a quartet of young dudes actually standing on a corner and whistling and ogling the girls who pass by!

Google "MOST HAPPY FELLA" then scroll down to the 3 Videos and select the one on the right with the outdoor scene.

Please import this to the Forum...I'm sure many will like it! (Note the little girl who holds out her hand to be kissed as she walks by!)

Thanks,
    Hal

Bess Barber likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Hal, it would be soooo much more pleasurable if you would really try to learn how to push 2 buttons to load up your own YouTube videos.
    Do note that I suggested before that all need to do is to watch a YouTube video which shows how to do it. Try, I know you can do it!!
    Signal Corps people don’t give up unless of course you run out of WD1/TT wire.

Personally, all I do is hit the “copy link” option then when I come back to the forum, I establish where I want the video to go, I hit “command and V buttons at the same time and bingo.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

11. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I changed to a current pic taken Xmas 2019

12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I have put different photos of myself on here and elsewhere from time to time to no ill effects.
    Everyone has seen me and described me similarly, "Ugly as sin and old as dirt." So I have
    naturally assumed a photo of something more pleasant is better. That said, I think someone
    hit the nail on the head a while back when it was suggested the female of the species is
    more likely what you're looking for. If not, feast your eyes upon that headshot at left there
    and tell me what a good looking creature I is

13. Hal Pollner

Registered

How come?
    h.p.

14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I always remove everything. Seems to make sense. I even empty my sock drawer. If I come back
    I puts it back or most of it. Just my way, I guess.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Hal Pollner

Registered

Bobby, I take this to mean it would be LESS pleasurable for you if I did not take the effort to learn how to do this myself?:rolleyes:

This means I have my Boot on your Neck, doesn't it!
    Harold