Lets Hear About Your Military Service!

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Hal Pollner, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, another thing, there are those, and I met one, that served in one service, decided to get out, after so many years, went into civilian life and got a job, but didn't like the lack of job discipline in the job area, quit the job and enlisted in the service again.

The one I met had been in the Army, took a discharge as a Sargent, got a job as a civilian and started going to college on the GI Bill, but ended up quitting his job and college and enlisting in the Marines. He told me that he couldn't believe the lack of discipline at his civilian job. He was actually reprimanded for being too tough and disciplined. After joining the marines, they found out about his college attendance and gave him a commission and he retired out of the marines as a Full-Bird Colonel.

2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

@Vinny Waccio
    Very Interesting account, Vinny. I'd have a question or two about National Guard meetings if you don't mind me asking them.
    Why was/is there such a penalty for not attending them on the part of the government and why did attending them as a NG member suck? Just because of the spendy drinks or was there another reason?