Liberals Will Love This Book & Conservatives Will Not

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

"ROGUE lAWYER" by John Grisham A great read about defending the rights of the accused & convicted.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well if it's fiction doesn't really matter to me what slant it is as long as it's a good read.

Since I'm really neither anyway, really a moderate....I can read anything. :)

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Learn what really happened at Waco, Ruby Ridge, Ken Ballew, John Lawmaster, the 1986 Miami FBI shootout, and many others, researched extensively and exclusively of typically News-processed information forwarded to the gullible American Public.

For example: "The Ken Ballew raid was a federal raid on June 7, 1971, on the home of Kenyon F. "Ken" Ballew which became a cause célèbre in the debates between advocates of gun control and advocates of gun owner rights in the United States."

Ken Ballew was a law-abiding gentleman changed to a vegetable by an overzealous FBI raid on his home, shot in the head by a Detective, Lou Ciamillo, who was recruited to "help-out" in the raid. Ciamillo was so aghast after the event, he went public revealing the extent to which such activity was being performed. (My comment, which may not coincide directly with the Wiki account, which is possibly slanted away from Ballew's actual experience). See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Ballew_raid#In_popular_culture

"The chapter entitled "June 7, 1971" in John Ross's 1996 novel Unintended Consequences is a dramatized version of the Ballew raid."
    The above reference tells it as closely as possible to the truth, IMO. Highly recommended reading. Also, quite entertaining. Frank

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I've checked out Rogue Lawer twice, large print edition, but have yet to finish the book. Maybe next time.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I read a synopsis here, and it sounds like a good read to me. Like @Chrissy Cross, I consider myself more of a moderate, and I seem to have a few things in common with the main character.

I just borrowed the e-book from my local library. I'll probably enjoy it. I read his books when he first started, and enjoyed them. I fell away from that genre for a bit, but have read some of his more recent ones recently and liked them.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm reading it now, and am enjoying it. I'm on part 2, Boom Boom Room. It's definitely confirmed my status as a moderate. I don't trust either side.

7. Diane Lane

Registered

I finished Rogue Lawyer the other day, and enjoyed it. I'm now reading another library e-book by Grisham, called The Racketeer. I haven't read this review in full because it seems to contain some spoilers, but I'm sharing it here in case others are interested to know what the book is about.