Lie Detectors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This came up in the Kavanaugh that the woman done a lie detector test and pasted so it must be true. Now lie detectors only check out beliefs and not truths. For example if a child said that 40 year old is an old man he would pass a lie detector because that is what he beliefs at that time now if you asked him the same question at age 35 it would different. Having said that and being a therapist my job was to help people change their beliefs if they were harmful to that person, For example a woman has a bad reaction with a man a belief [ALL MEN ARE THE SAME] This belief is very limiting to a person who wants to interact in the world. A person who has this belief would pass a lie detector test saying that.
    To attack a person’s belief system can be very frustrating to a non-therapist as beliefs are all we have and we will protect them at all cost.
    We know there is therapist who are very evil if you remember or aware of MK ultra this was used by CIA and others to make people do things they would normally not do.
    Back to the Kavanaugh case it is funny they do not want to give out the therapist or medical records of the person. The FBI should be checking out the therapist.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

From what I gather, the lie detector test was the stress based test and was a statement read by the professor.
    Rather than the normal yes and no type of test it simply measures the probability of truth or false while the statement is being read.

Also, there were many variations between the written letter she sent D. Feinstein and what was contained in the statement during the test.
    All of that compounded with the fact that the video of the test will not be presented because her lawyer says that it isn’t relevant to the case.

Very strange, very strange indeed!

3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

It is a test to measure the body's response to what is being said. The body's response is only what a person believes at that moment and has nothing to do with truth.
    Example if you were to give that test [which is impossible to people 3,000 years ago] and ask does the sun rotate around the earth the answer on all test would be YES and they would not be lying

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yes, I do understand that. The point that was made though was that the statement she made during the lie detector test was different than what she wrote in the letter to D. Feinstein.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There is also the fact that the Kavanaugh accuser went through a friendly lie detector test, administered by someone chosen by her attorney, and intended to bolster her claims. Knowing, as she probably did, that if she failed the test, it would never see the light of day, or perhaps she would even have a chance to try it again after coaching, I would imagine her stress levels were not very high.

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I can not even begin to post about Kavanaugh and his journey to hell, without raising me blood pressure.
    He is being as they use to say, Railroaded !

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I watched the entire hearing yesterday, from beginning to end, and this is my opinion only.

Let's just stipulate that all the allegations about sexual misconduct are false.

Kavanaugh showed he does not have the temperament to be a judge. He threw a temper tantrum in the hearing. I don't care how much he feels he has been mistreated. For a position as important as Supreme Court Justice, he should be able to act like an adult and handle this. High profile positions require that, imo.

His political rantings, and claiming there is a conspiracy against him, in his opening statement were entirely inappropriate for a judge. I don't care which "side" you are on. Try to imagine for a moment that he said a right wing conspiracy was out to get him.

Such rantings will only convince half the country that his decisions on the court are politically motivated, and they will further mistrust the court.

Now, concerning the allegations, the compromise they reached today, with Senator Flake (R-Ariz), was a common sense move. Kavanaugh will probably be confirmed anyway, but at least hopefully the cloud over his head can be removed to the satisfaction of most. I'm impressed with Senator Flake, trying to work together, no matter how he votes in the end. I assume everyone here knows Flake is leaving the Senate after his term expires.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Martin Alonzo likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@ Nancy Hart...he is a Judge and has been for about 12 years.
    Even the biggest baddest man on earth , can be brought to his knees , if you mess with the family and the name..just sayin:)

10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, most women I know could have handled it. Possible you throw a little tantrum at home at first, but then you calm down and act like an adult, weeks later.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's a Democrat/Media talking point, based on selected portions of his testimony.

Senator Flake is not running for re-election. Because of his propensity to vote with the Democrats, as he is now, the polls showed him losing to any potential candidate in his primary, so he decided not to run. He is a Never-Trumper who has done everything possible to thwart whatever the president wants to do, so I wouldn't herald him as a voice of reason. More likely, he just bought himself a future after his retirement from the Senate, and the Democrats may well have given him that. Meanwhile, the finger-pointing liar has made a half million dollars for herself so far, and that's just what is known about, and you can be sure that all of her expenses are paid. As for the rest, there is nothing that I could say that would be in the least bit kind, so I'll stay out of it for now.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Kavenaugh is not fighting for a job, he’s fighting for his name and to me, that always calls for a bit of emotion to say the very least.
    I would be a tad ticked too if I had everything including a family, position and a good sized savings account and someone decided that they were going to see to it that I not only lose what material wealth I might have, but my good name as well. Because of this whole scandal, if he doesn’t make it to the Supreme Court his life is in total ruins and will remain that way for the rest of his career and life. Pity, if he is indeed innocent of the charges which quite frankly, I believe he is but my thinking so doesn’t make it so.

Whether Kavenaugh is innocent or guilty isn’t my call, but the fact that he ISN”T sitting around like some whipped puppy tells me a whole lot about the man and frankly, I really, really like it! Either a man gives in and allows himself to be buried, or he does whatever it takes to defend what he believes to be right!
    Funny thing, a man who takes a knee during the raising of our Flag and the playing of the National Anthem gets all kinds of kudo’s and millions in cash for displaying what he thinks is right and Kavenaugh gets criticized because he gets angry when someone is smearing his good name.

If he fights that hard to defend the constitutionality of a law IF he makes it to the Supreme Court, I will have a little more confidence in our nation’s highest court.

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

OK, I don't know that this means. Can someone explain it to me?

14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Means nothing without the mark of when the questions were asked and then see if the there was a spike in the chart. Like I said it only shows what she believes has nothing to do with fact. She did not remember anything about this until she seen the therapist.
    Nothing to do with this but it is funny most all these school shooters all had therapist. Could there be something about therapist we should ask

Nancy Hart and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Nancy Hart, there obviously IS a conspiracy against him if you have followed this at all and not just watched the hearing. Even the best of people can only take being accused of nasty things that are not corroborated and incomplete (can't remember where or when, but I know this happened). He is being tried in the media, and it simply is the greatest form of injustice. Senator Flake may back a "compromise", but his compromise is not Constitutional. Although no one seems to pay any attention to the U.S. Constitution any more, the FBI is part of the Executive Branch, and the Senate cannot order the Executive Branch to do anything. The FBI has done "due diligence" on this man numerous times already and found nothing. He has gone through confirmations before and nothing of this kind was ever brought up or even hinted at. It is a conspiracy of the worst kind--to make his life so miserable and ruin his reputation to the point that no good and honorable person will ever agree to go through the process. It is a total disgrace.

Shirley Martin likes this.