Life After Death Do You Believe Or

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

...could you be convinced?

I know we've discussed life after death beliefs before on here.... but I would like you all to listen to something..

I don't know if you all remember Merle Kilgore, the country singer and writer, manager of Hank Williams Jnr and a great raconteur ... he's dead now, but he always had stories to tell and was always a very popular guy with his peers

Some years ago, he was telling a story on a radio interview about the death of his great friend and country singer Johnny Horton ... ( I didn't know Johnny he died when I was a tot)...but I did know merle kilgore who was with us until the mid 90's ...

Here's the video of the interview...it's old so you'll have to listen carefully .... what are your thoughts...?

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Fantastic Holly - just about heard it though
    At first I thought, well he's had a premonition, which he did - and I've had several in my life too
    Then, there was the code sentence and 'that' was a great idea
    If Merle needed proof - he got it - Fab !

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I agree @Patsy Faye ...the code sentence was just inspired ..

I've always said to my family that we'd have a code word if we die and can prove life after death, we'd use it...but that sentence ... was just amazing, and it's highly doubtful that anyone could have have known it...

Kate Ellery and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Exactly
    I shall put me thinking 'ead on and come up with something
    For Gloria Hunniford and her daughter, it was white feathers and Gloria gets a feather come down
    in the most unlikely places - smashing !

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I read he used witchcraft to contact Johnny Horten. He also gets mistakenly credited for some racist songs by Johnny Rebel because one particularly nasty one sounds a lot like the Battle of New Orleans.

If I believed anybody could come back and leave a sign after death...it would have been my husband and he said he would but ...no sign.:(....nada.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Frank Sanoica and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep - it is strange Chrissy - I can only assume some of us are more 'tuned in' to it
    I was, right from a child

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

But what does religion say about it? How come God only lets some people hear from their loved ones?

And in this case through seances etc

I don't even understand what's talked about as afterlife...heaven? Another place?

In my opinion we're all humans in the same boat...if there is a God, it's the same for all of us.

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

What religion says about it is of no interest to me
    All will be revealed when we get there :)

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I agree...I just don't understand why some get to give a sign. :)

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yea, I understand the confusion
    We're not all the same though and those wishing to get through are not being picked up by the receiver
    for some reason.
    Although I've never done Yoga, I can see this would probably help to have absolute calm in mind and body
    Which like me 'now' - you would be needing Chrissy :p x

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

When your dead...your dead.I read once long ago a scientific test was done on terminally ill people. When they passed away a weight was reduced from the weight of the bed. Meaning the soul had lifted and passed...therefore this was the last evidence of life. The soul had passed.
    I do believe in connections so deep and true...such as married for 50 years...that when one passes the remaining spouse will either feel weighted or lighter in conscience spirits. This in turn creates a bonding of spirits...to which that special word or doing becomes more evident to the person left behind. Geez I hope I am making some sense here
    Consedence ? But if you believe it to happen or be said...then it can happen, if nothing else in your own mind.
    My father in law is in that stage of life where he sees and talks to dead ones regularly.Spooky to is...have you ever been totally alone ..no noise of any kind..say cleaning your sink and clearly hear your mother or deceased love one call your name. Geez almost needed me own nappie when that happened :D

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think your mind can make you believe things that aren't true just because you want it so much.
    when I was young...around 10 we played with ouji boards and could make it move.

Also seances at some pajama parties...all in fun. We tried to levitate someone. I think we believed we did.:)

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  13. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

No I don't believe in life after death. When I was in the Funeral Business I had looked down at hundreds of individuals. men women and children as they lay on a slab of porcelain and asked my self if there was life after death and came to the conclusion that what ever is left of these individuals are memories in the mind of the survivors.

14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

During his productive lifetime, Houdini, (Ehrich Weiss) campaigned actively against Charlatanry as it was being practiced by "Seers" taking folks' money holding séances purportedly allowing contact with their dead loved-ones. Some of the exposures he accomplished were amazingly revealing: Seers were suspected of using hidden conspirators to produce sound effects, voices of dead people, etc., but rarely were "caught" in the act. Houdini, having his own special abilities and competencies at hoodwinking minds, attended many séances, detected and exposed the chicanery, then revealed it publicly. Conversely, few had ever shown much of his own illusory effects to be phony.

He vowed to return after death, in some way, if it were at all possible, and his wife Beth for many years returned to his grave (I believe it was, and on his birthday, Halloween), but was never to experience a thing back from him. Frank

"In the 1920s, Houdini turned his energies toward debunking psychics and mediums, a pursuit that inspired and was followed by latter-day stage magicians.[76]

Houdini's training in magic allowed him to expose frauds who had successfully fooled many scientists and academics. He was a member of a Scientific American committee that offered a cash prize to any medium who could successfully demonstrate
    supernatural abilities. None was able to do so, and the prize was never collected."

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Houdini#Debunking_spiritualists

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is a strange phenomenon for sure, but I don't think that God has anything to do with it. Whether it has to do with witchcraft or just fakery, is hard to say. Even in the Bible, when the spirit of Samuel was supposedly called back, it was from the witch of Endor, and not by a prophet of God.
    I have never had any thing that I thought was a message from my mom and dad either, @Chrissy Cross , and I think that if this kind of connection was possible that a lot of people would have heard from their loved ones.
    I do think that our soul lives after the body is dead, and there is even interesting stories about reincarnation where children remember living and earlier life, and what they remember was true. Like @Patsy Faye says, we just have to wait and see. I think that keeping an open mind and looking for truth is an important thing to do, because we actually have no clue what this world really is.