Life Hope And Truth

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have discovered this site and want to share with you.

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/

Not a religious person really but am enjoying the videos and for me a better understanding of the Word

2. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Gloria, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that your recommended website is underwritten by a questionable organization that has Christian cult foundations, and that even today it continues to emphasize 7th Day Adventist principles that are not main stream Christianity.

I read several of the articles and concluded that most of the material looks good. I then downloaded the sponsored church's brochure, did a little reading and research, and found several problematic issues. Like all cults, they claim to have special revelation and hidden truths that all of the other Christian denominations have lost along the way. Like all cults, they add unnecessary man made traditions to the Gospel. And like so many other cults, they originated in the 1800-1900's era when new cult religions were prolific. Might I suggest that any man who comes along in recent history and starts a new religion (or supposed revelation / correction of an existing religion) should be discounted as a false prophet, with his teachings disregarded.

You may watch the videos and learn some good insight into the word, but in the process you will become trusting of the source. If you happen to grow more interested and serious with the faith, then you'll find yourself believing as they do, right or wrong. That's how cult churches suck people in. They win you over with a powerful Gospel message that sounds mostly right, claims Biblical truth, and offers strong leadership and spritual support. People buy in, become committed, and then become receptive to the unbiblical, unchristain doctrines that inevitably follow. Like cigarettes, it's best not to start.

You're free to disregard my view of course, but if you'd like to watch helpful videos from a better Christian source, then let's talk about it. There is an abundance of websites, articles, and videos available from legitimate, evangelical, Bible based sources.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Oh my.Not sure what to think but will check it out more
    I am not into main stream religion of any kind.

Dwight Ward and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Fair enough Beth. If you're liking this website, then you're liking Christianity. I'd encourage you to continue and pursue it more - but to stick to the main stream (2000 year old) original version, not the newer twisted versions that are also readily available today. 7th Day Adventists and this group aren't as far off track as Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, or even Catholics, but there's no need to subject yourself to the influence of any new church that claims sole relevation and exclusive representation for the Christian religion.

I might be able to steer you towards something better and safer that would serve your purpose, but not without knowing what subject you're interested in. Here's a few categories I can think of right off the top of my head:

Christian apologetics - a defense of the faith, addressing why there is a god and why Christianity and the Bible is the only one true religion representing that god.

Bible study - covers the meaning of scriptures, including explanations for difficult passages and alledged contradictions; teaches newbies Judeo/Christian history and the Gospel message; provides guidance for life; answers who we are and what our purpose in life is

Christian Morals & Issues - covers what's objectively right and wrong, including abortion, gay marriage, and other issues

Christian Walk - helps the Christian grow, know God, and love people better

America's Christian heritage - counters the revisionist history being taught today, the misperception of separation of church and state, and the country's secular trend and moral decline

I'll leave you to your own research and thoughts for now. Gotta go.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Joseph Carl
    Since I started this thread I intend on ending this conversation right here.
    You are one of the reasons people like me run in the other direction when it comes to mainstream religion. I do not have a labeled religion and do not want one...yours or anyone else's.
    I do believe the Supreme Being who's name is God.Because I want too believe and need to believe that there is a higher power.
    For you to start this fourm with your opinion with religious banter is not going to go well here. There are many of various religions and atheists on here.We respect each others opinions and do not point out the flaws of our beliefs.
    I understand you meant well- so did I merely sharing the site with those who may enjoy reading a differnt view.
    We welcome your joining our forum and look forward to hearing about you.But please be careful trying to witness among our people some may not be open to that and cause hurt feelings. I appreciate your concern and truly wish you well.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that if you have found a website that you enjoy, , then that is a good thing, and I encourage you not to let people distract you or discourage you, @Gloria Mitchell .
    Sometimes, it seems to me like one church faction is way too quick to call another church with differing beliefs some kind of a cult, and it ends up being a case of “the pot calling the kettle black”, as the old saying goes, with each church pointing fingers at the other one.

As far as I can see, God is asking us to believe in Him and to love Him, and I believe that there are people from most every church that do that. If we do not do that, then it does not matter much what else we think or believe about the Bible.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020