Life's Observations

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Martin Alonzo, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

In a couple of weeks I turn 77 years old. As I think of the world I look at now and compare it with the past. For example in the 1950s there was one or two mass shootings for the whole year. The gun ownership per population was probably the same as now. When we were kids we would have six guns on our belt to play cowboys and Indians in the street. People in general were more religious. There was a deep respect for your friends and neighbors and a willingness to help if needed. There seem to have a respect for police and even my parents would say if you have any problem find a policeman. The mentally ill were put in hospitals and treated there. They were not drugged and let go into the population. The single parent was very rare and the community worked together. Very little crime and many houses were not even locked. The GAY community was rare and most just ignored.

How things have changed. Now there is more than one mass murder per month. They are blaming guns for the problem but in the past the guns to population was probably the same. Now if your child had a cap gun he might be shot by police. People now are moving away from religious teaching and Satanism is growing in the entertainment business. The respect for fellow human has been destroyed and a bitterness has taken over. Police in some area are considered the enemy. I remember driving in Detroit and I was lost I pull my car over because there was a policeman there to ask for help he when for his gun before I could say anything. The sign that he was scared. Now they have shut down most mental hospitals and drugged the mentally ill and turn them loose not cured but controlled. Single parents are probably more common than married people and even the married people the man is working all the time and has no time to work with his children or the mother is working and the child is raised by the baby sitter. There is a relationship between crime and fatherless children. As far as the LGBTXYZ Hollywood has made them think they are special yes they are 5-6% of the population but are in the news media every day. Just in the news to-day a preacher visiting Toronto going to different locations but when he was preaching in the Gay area of Toronto he was arrested because they did not like him.

I hope the insanity will change soon.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good post, Martin.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Have to totally agree, Ken...…..good post by Martin. Very good!

4. Jerry Adams

Jerry Adams Veteran Member
    Registered

Right on!, Martin. Kind of like growing up as I remember it.