Liver 'n' Onions Tonight!

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Hal Pollner, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I love beef liver and onions but my husband won't eat it, so if I have it it has to be at a cafe.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Love liver and onions. When we were first married my wife didn't know how to cook liver. She thought it should be well done. After a couple of those meals I talked my mom into showing my wife how to make it and make it something you really liked to eat. ever since the demo we've enjoyed liver and onions several hundreds of times. My wife is someone who can make a delicious meal out of whatever you give her.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I like liver and onions, and so does Bobby; but he likes his liver really well-done, and I like mine just barely done. Most of the time, we just make our own food, so we cook it the way we like it, but otherwise, we just eat whatever the other one cooks, and enjoy it.
    It is hard to find liver in the grocery stores, and the little packets of frozen liver are all that i can find anymore, where you used to be able to actually buy fresh liver. Fresh liver has a much better flavor than frozen liver, in my opinion.
    I also like it with both onions and green peppers, but even just onions is delicious. I never order it at a restaurant, because they way over cook it.

Frank Sanoica likes this.