Living With Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ike Willis, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

When Eisenhower began his campaign for the presidency, I was 11 years old. I remember coming home from good old St. Mary's school with a large 'I like Ike' pin on my shirt. As soon as my parents noticed it, they both erupted with "Oh no's" and "where did you get that, young man"? It was then that I began to suspect I might be adopted.
    As the years went by, I learned more about politics and what different parties stood for. That only confused me more about my parent's political choices. However, I survived those years and all the "Democrat's is for the workin man" speeches from my parents and gramps.
    12193471_514642712033587_4463203040693706941_n.jpg

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My father always voted Republican, except for John F. Kennedy. He voted for Kennedy, then went back to voting Republican again. My first vote in a presidential campaign was for George McGovern. That was the last time I voted for a Democrat in a presidential election. I haven't always voted for the Republican either because, quite frankly, I don't think there's a dime's bit of difference between the two parties anymore, and the lesser of two evils is still evil.

The money behind the Republican Party today would rather see Hillary elected than Trump. In fact, I think that most of those who are in the GOP primaries are intended as dividers, to divide the votes that aren't likely to go to Jeb Bush.

In fact, I don't think that Trump was intended. He's a wild card who has them all scared. Unfortunately, I believe that Carson was intended, and that his role is to gather votes from those who refuse to vote for Bush, and that they think he will be easy to discard at the last minute if they need to, leaving people with no other choices. Think Herman Cain.

Another wild card, I think, is that they didn't plan for Jeb Bush being as poor of a candidate as he is. He's not quick on his feet, and he's not as likable as his brother.

However, if they can't find a way to deny the Republican nomination to Trump, the big money will shift to Hillary or Biden, who may find his name in the race after all if Hillary's legal problems can't be dispensed with.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. Ken Anderson

Today's liberals are pro-war, anti-freedom of speech, and pro-fascist.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]I Just got this email from Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty. l Probably both parties are for digital currency as that is a way to control our wealth. Write your Congressmen and Senators with the info below after calling them. You don't have to sign up with C for L or pay any donations.

Mary,

Tomorrow, a U.S. House subcommittee will have a hearing on three bills that would stop the Federal Reserve from creating or even exploring a Central Bank Digital Currency without proper congressional authority.

The good news is three bills up for consideration – the Power of the Mint Act (H.R. 3402), the Digital Dollar Prevention Act (H.R. 3712), and the CBDC Anti-Surveillance State Act (not yet numbered) – would end the Federal Reserve’s march toward a cashless society!

The bad news is you can NEVER sit back and trust politicians of any stripe to do the right thing.

The CBDC is nothing more than an instrument of mass surveillance and tyranny.

It’s critical you contact your U.S. Representative and DEMAND he or she BAN the Central Bank Digital Currency.

You and I simply must amp up the pressure.

So please make your voice heard with a phone call to your congressman’s office now! You can call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 225-3121 and they will connect you to your congressman’s office.

If you are sent to voice mail here’s a simple script you can use:

“Hello, this is [your name], from [your city—this identifies you as a constituent] and I’m calling to ask my representative to oppose any legislation to implement a Central Bank Digital Currency.

Furthermore, I call on my representative to support the
    Power of the Mint Act (H.R. 3402), the Digital Dollar Prevention Act (H.R. 3712), and the CBDC Anti-Surveillance State Act (not yet numbered).

“The Biden Administration has directed the Federal Reserve to pursue a digital currency, which would threaten the financial freedom, privacy, and security of all Americans. The dollar is already in danger, and the Federal Reserve needs to be reined in, not allowed to foist a new digital currency on the American people.

“But neither the White House nor the Fed has the authority or power to create a CBDC without Congressional approval.

“Biden has put forth a radical and dangerous proposal, and we need to pass legislation to make absolutely clear that the Fed has no authority to implement a CBDC.

“I’d like to know if Representative [his or her name] will go on record by cosponsoring this critical legislation.”

You can also look up your congressman’s district office and call them too, where you are more likely to get a live answer.

This is a great extra step, because it really gets the staff’s attention when they hear from a real person in the district.

If you haven’t already done so, you can send an email by simply signing your Campaign for Liberty Directive to demand your congressman support legislation to BAN the CBDC!

Please be sure to pass this email along to others you know, so we can melt representatives’ phone lines, deliver thousands of petitions, and get the ball rolling on this critical legislation.

And if you can, please make a generous contribution to Campaign for Liberty, so we can apply as much pressure as possible.

The globalists are going all-out to control everything we do.

We’ve seen in Canada how the government will use every means possible, including financial control, to attack peaceful protesters.

We’ve seen China establish a “digital currency” to further repress and control its own population under the Communist Party.

We cannot let that happen here.

They need to hear from their constituents back home to know the voters are demanding action in opposition.

So please call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 225-3121 and they will connect you to your congressman’s office. Demand he or she support legislation to BAN the CBDC.

And if you haven’t yet, sign your petition and get your friends to do the same!

For Liberty,
    [​IMG]
    John McCardell
    Executive Director

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We have all heard about the Senate changing the clothing requirements so that Sen. John Fetterman can continue to appear in his hoodie and jogging shorts and old tenny-runners.
    So, this is how Senator Rand Paul showed up for the Senate. I love it ! !

IMG_5490.jpeg

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I now understand that the Republicans have taken a stand against digital currency as illegal and unconstitutional, but the Dems are still pushing it. It won't pass Congress since the Republicans control the House, but Biden will undoubtedly try to push it through as an Executive Order.

Mary Stetler and Joy Martin like this.
  7. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, I got a belly chuckle, good ole Rand Paul...love it.

Why are the Republicans so weak??????

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Registered

Money from special interests?

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Joy Martin

Registered

They are weak because of money from special interests????....special interests who want them to remain weak???? I don't understand.......

10. Ken Anderson

It's not so much that Republican elected officials are weak as it is that many of them don't share what some of us would like to think of as Republican values. Many of them spout just enough conservative rhetoric to get elected whenever election season comes up for them but, to the extent that they might have political goals, they don't differ much from those of the Democrats. Too many of them have bought into the progressive globalist agenda, while others have few goals other than reelection, and are bought and paid for by the special interests who pay for their campaigns. These folks might push strongly for whatever it is that they want, but they don't want the same things as the Republican base.

They are elected by constituencies that are not strongly conservative, such as Maine, where they can get enough votes from the Democrats and Independents to make up for those Republicans who won't vote for them, while the majority of Republicans will vote for anyone with an "R" after their name. Others are elected even in conservative areas when they can deliver enough conservative rhetoric to get them through the primary, after which they can depend on the R-factor to get even conservative Republicans to vote for them in a general election. After all, the Republican has to be better than the Democrat.

Others may have actually believed their line of crap when they first ran for office, but soon found that if they wanted to continue to have their campaigns financed by special interests, they have to deliver for the special interests whenever it matters.

However, the fact that there has always been a contingency of these people within the Republican Party is why the GOP is weak. The party is weak because, unlike the Democrat Party, there are too often just enough Republicans who are willing to vote with the Democrats to give the decided advantage to the Democrats.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Registered

They are basically weak at the jobs we elected them to do. They don't stand up for us. ie They are letting us be invaded daily while trying to keep Ukraine from being invaded because of all the dirty money paid the Bidens. I am sure trickle down economics applies here. They take money from industries (Military industrial complex, pharma etc) to get elected and then pay back with legislation...

12. Joy Martin

Registered

Thanks for taking the time to address the above 2 items...It just is so hopless for we middle type paying all t he high costs of everything.....all the complaints about the insane gas prices in CA and going up every day. What's it gonna take, doing nothing? CA has been a good state until the world turned in early 2020....

Live here and get chocked....

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Registered

I love that if the government shuts down, Biden has declared that he intends to make an EO to keep funding Ukraine. Our vets and poor are homeless and our boarder is breached and invaded but that is what his focus is on?!

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Or everybody's dirty and the FBI's files are full of dirt on them.

15. Joy Martin

Registered

I sent this Rand Paul JOKE to a friend and he said "it's not real" more computer antics.....

Ken Anderson likes this.