Lookalikes

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Patsy Faye, May 13, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ever seen anyone that's the spitting image of someone you know of ..............?
    Happened to me 5 times so far - the funniest one was
    I was walking home from work and coming towards me was Rory Calhoun !!
    Here he is [​IMG]

Well I couldn't believe me eyes - what's Rory doing here in Peckham :confused:
    I was transfixed, so was he and as we got nearer - the stare turned into a grin from us both
    We passed and both turned to look back :p
    I doubt it was Rory though ...............
    The other funny one was when I helped out in a café - in walked a young Elvis !!
    Fortunately he came up to the counter for me to serve him, I scanned that face and there was no difference
    I've seen my own lookalike on TV and seen my very own husband lookalike too
    Couple of weeks ago I saw me neighbour in a TV series, same face - same voice :eek:
    The spookiest yet ! :p

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL..I've seen loads of lookalikes...but Patsy you gotta tell us who your famous lookalike is... I presume is a celebrity.. :D

When my husband was younger he was constantly mistaken for Graham Stewart from 10cc.....nowadays he is consultancy mistaken for Anthony Hopkins.

It happens all the time people ask us in restaurants etc if he's Anthony Hopkins, they want autographs and won't believe he's not him.....but the funniest of all was when we were buying a home abroad...we had to sign the papers in the Lawyers office.. the lawyers could hardly speak a word of English (they were Spanish)...but as we walked through sir-anthony-hopkins-682907413.jpg the door of the Plush office, one of them a female, almost swooned..and I swear almost curtseyed as she gasped ....''ooooh Antoneeeee 'Opkeen'... :D

I have to add that my husband is not too flattered because there's a 24 year age gap between them..LOL

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. Patsy Faye

Registered

Well a 'mini' celeb - she was one of two backing singers on Top of the Pops :D
    I got some phone calls at the time asking if it was me, fortunately I'd seen it
    There was one other - a girl on a documentary who was walking along in a market looking at stalls, my Husband Fabs, called to me to come and see my 'twin' !! could have been me - but it wasn't :p

4. Holly Saunders

Registered

When I was younger..( a teen)...I got mistaken for Clodagh Rogers a couple of times...although I was much younger than she...

I definitely took that as a compliment... :D

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ooo I liked Clodagh - are you Irish too ?
    Not strange really when you think on it - there's only so many variations on a face :D
    Still a bit spooky when you suddenly see yer partner and its not him at all ! :p

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Holly - LOL ! You've tickled me ribs there Holly, just seen your post above
    He 'does' look like Anthony Hopkins !! :p
    The thought of that Spanish girl too - so funny that post

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes I'm half Irish, and half Scottish... Born and raised a Celt to Irish / Scottish parentage ... that's me in my avatar about 4 years ago .....

For any of our friends on here who have no idea who Clodagh rodgers was in the late 60''s... she was a bubble gum style pop singer.. ........here she is...

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

LOL...no that's the real Anthony Hopkins in that photo....I just chose a photo of AH from google that looks the most like my husband... :D My husband works in Show business, so it's worse for him because he gets the comparison all the time

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

:oops: Never thought to look at yer avatar - you 'do' look like her
    I'm 3 quarter full of the Irish :p
    Lovely to have some Scots there Holly, makes us interesting don't you think :D

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Holly Saunders - I knew all along - only pullin' yer tail I was :p You nearly got me though :D
    Show business eh - there's no business like that business .............

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Aye... there's an Irishman here as well..living in Scotland...and here I am born and raised in Scotland and moved to Herts when i was a young adult ... and didn't you say before that you were born and raised in England?...so yes on this forum...we're unique :D

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

That's fer sure....but he's behind the screen not in front of it...

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Holly Saunders Quote - Aye... there's an Irishman here as well..living in Scotland...and here I am born and raised in Scotland and moved to Herts when i was a young adult ... and didn't you say before that you were born and raised in England?...so yes on this forum...we're unique :D
    Yes London Holly, me Dad came over from Ireland married me Mother also Irish - I've been to Ireland, wanted to stay
    I bet you miss Scotland - hopefully you visit there ................

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

I miss Scotland a Lot... although it's been 40 years... and no I don't get enough chances to visit...

It's my maternal side that's irish ( Cassidy's and Andersons) ...my mum died when I was 18.... my father side is Scottish and no my surname isn't Mac anything lol...

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

So sad Holly losing yer Mum at that age x
    Hope you have lovely memories of her, unfortunately I was not blessed with a maternal Mother, so the memories are not good at all