Looks Like Obamacare Might Be Staying

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Chrissy Cross, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-vote-against-gops-obamacare-replacement.html

President Trump spoke about health care’s complexities on a day he held White House talks with dozens of governors worried Republicans could shift a huge financial burden to the states by curbing Medicaid, the federal-state program that helps low-income people and those in nursing homes pay bills.

Trump also met with insurance company executives concerned that uncertainty about possible GOP changes could roil the marketplace. Insurers said they remain committed to working with the administration and the GOP-led Congress.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters Monday that Republicans have yet to win any Democratic support for their effort and said “the odds are very high” Obama’s law won’t be repealed.

Thankfully it's not an issue for me anymore but it makes me angry that some Republicans are being a**es.

2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

This info is from CNN....

Washington (CNN)A slew of House conservatives are beginning to publicly oppose a draft of the Republican Obamacare repeal bill that was leaked last week, presenting a serious roadblock to the GOP's increasingly complicated efforts to dismantle the Affordable Care Act.

[​IMG]

Trump: 'Nobody knew health care could be so complicated'

Republican Rep. Mark Meadows, the chairman of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, told CNN on Monday that he cannot support a draft of the GOP Obamacare repeal bill unless substantial changes are made.
    Hours later, Rep. Mark Walker, the chairman of the Republican Study Committee, announced that he, too, could not support the leaked version of the legislation.
    By Tuesday morning, others were also openly airing their concerns. As he exited a House conference gathering, GOP Rep. Mark Sanford — the author of an alternative Obamacare repeal and replacement bill — told CNN that he could not support the legislation "in its present form." GOP Rep. David Brat, meanwhile, said that the majority of the Freedom Caucus would vote against the draft bill.
    The mounting opposition come as top House Republicans are preparing to unveil legislation to repeal major portions of Obamacare and are struggling to bridge deep divisions within their own conference.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Until they have a better plan it is my opinion that they try to "tweek" some of the problems in Obamacare like getting rid of that penalty tax for those who can't afford the high premiums, etc.

There are people Obamacare is working for and in my opinion if you are going to get rid of something...you need to have something better to replace it...evidently our Government does not have that something better. President Trump has enough problems right now without him adding another one to his plate. And repealing Obamacare without having a better alternative would add a big problem to his already overflowing plate.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It didn't work for me but I don't need it now anyway...true that insurance is a mess in this country and I can't even imagine what the solution is.

Hospitals charge way to much and without any oversight....when my husband was in the hospital for a month, I saw the cans of ensure piling up on the ledge by the window...unopened.

We were charged for them..a lot!! He wasn't drinking them, still makes me angry to this day when I think of that.

Babs Hunt likes this.