Lottery Tickets

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Sheldon Scott, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

So the Lottery is 1.3 billion. But, suppose the government got all of the Corporations and Billionaires, who don't pay a cent in taxes to collectively pay 30 Billion to end world hunger?

Here's how to End World Hunger. The United Nations says it would cost 30 Billion dollars a year to end world hunger. Bill Gates could end world hunger but he's not. Okay so let's suppose, the non-taxpayers in the US, corporations, etc, are collectively required to share in funding the 30 Billion plus enough to teach the 3rd world countries how to make their own wells, how to farm, give them seeds and farm animals, build schools, etc, to help them become self-sufficient so it wouldn't take 30 Billion every year. Bill Gates could do that too.

It wouldn't cost anyone extra in taxes because it would just be repurposed, like in place of funding Planned Parenthood for one. Here are 20 Worst Ways the Government Wasted our tax dollars last year: http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/curtis-kalin/top-20-worst-ways-government-wasted-your-tax-dollars

The only caveat is that, out of the entire population, some people, mostly corporate, don't pay any taxes. We would just have to get it from them somehow.

Bill Gates Foundation could end world hunger. But instead he gave it to corporate America according to Forbes after viewing their tax returns and here's some of it:
    gates-01_5.png

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

To anyone who saw my post above before I edited it, please forgive me for the error. I always proofread after the fact for some unknown reason. I often do that with grammatical errors too but I eventually edit. I probably edit more than anyone here…but eventually I get it right. At least I think so.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I edit the most, and still don't get it right, lol.

Lara Moss likes this.
  4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have never been one for playing the Lottery. I have nothing against it, I don't like to take chances that way. I will take chances but not the Lottery game. My daughter likes to get the scratch off cards and does well with them.

5. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Playing the lottery isn't greed. Greed is taking from someone who earned money to support someone who didn't earn it.

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

They say you have a better chance of being elected president than of winning the lottery. I wonder if it's too late for me to register? :)

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll vote for you, Shirley. I'd like to see a woman in the White House, just not Hillary!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Well playing the lottery is illegal in Hawaii, :confused:, so can't play power ball at all. Las Vegas is called the 9th island locally, so you can imagine the power ball gamer locally would be like. Playing at pch.com is legal though.

10. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

From what I've seen in social media, the Powerball lottery jackpot has reached more than $1B. One former colleague is asking me if I know someone in the US who can buy lotto tickets for us. I said I have many relatives there but it's not a good idea because we are not sure if that person would be too honest when our ticket would win. Besides, what are we going to do with that much money? It might ruin our life.

11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

"Greed" depends upon what you do with your Billion. It doesn't have to be greed. I would take care of my family first (and 10% to God's work) and then I'd have a whole lot of fun giving it all away to those who need it most according to my own discretion.

There's a website you've all heard of called GoFundMe for donating to those who are in desperate need. People you see every night on the local news have great needs. By the way, the drawing is tonight. I got my ticket last week at the last moment and I suspect the same thing will happen tonight.
    Good luck everyone :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  12. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

There were at least 3 Lottery winners in last night's Lottery. Chino Hills California, Tennessee, and Florida…maybe more. I posted this in the other Lottery thread but I won too….drumroll…..$4 haha. I matched one white ball and one powerball.

13. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I will admit that I got caught up in the whole lottery fever. It was a little hard not to with such a large amount. Of course I wasn't among those who won or even got one of the great consolation amounts. But hey it was still great to dream, no harm in that.

Lara Moss likes this.
  14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't know that the facility that issues the winning Lottery ticket also gets a million dollars. No wonder one of the employees where I got my ticket, who was rushing out the door, stopped and said "Good Luck!!!" with such enthusiasm :D And here I thought she cared about me :p

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  15. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Really ... :D

Lara Moss likes this.