Low Carb Diet Plans

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

image.jpeg

Here is nutrition for both
    I buy these because it's less sodium
    I don't have high bp but I just feel bloated so I limit sodium

2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ok, thanks @Yvonne Smith...but I meant what portion is a serving? 1/2 cup?

Good about the veggies cause I eat them all the time...except kale, I've gotten tired of it...kale overload. :)

Having lots of trouble today with the site.....

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I dug the cream cheese container out of the garbage to show you, so a little bent. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Chrissy, here is how it works for the serving. When you make the jello, it is about 3-4 cups I think. I put mine in a shallow container that is around 2 cups, maybe 3. I had a cup left over that I put in a coffee cup .
    I had to make a serving size when I made the recipe, to be able to tell how many carbs would be in it. I assumed it would all fit in one pan, and then I could just cut it into sixths.
    But , it didn't quite fit, so I should have put it in a little bit larger pan.
    However, you can cut the jello into as many servings as you want, so if you cut it into thirds instead of sixths, then you would have a larger serving (maybe about a cup size) and twice as many carbs, so 5 carbs per serving instead of 2.5 .
    At 6 servings, it would be about 1/2 cup probably.
    Your cream cheese/yogurt mix looks like it has about 5 grams per 1/2 cup, about the same as my cottage cheese, so it should work out to around the same carbs using that instead.
    My jello is kind of soft-set, so next time, I am not going to put in the 1/4 cup of coconut milk, and I think it will come out firmer. I used lime s/f jello, and it is delicious !

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ok, I could have figured it out but I didn't see how many cups your jello made.

I would do 1/2 serving than add a serving of SF cool whip, that only adds 20 calories or 25, not sure off hand because sometimes I buy the SF and sometimes I buy lowfat.

6. Yvonne Smith

I used about 3 cups altogether. One cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup cream cheese, one cup jello/water, and 1/4 cup coconut milk. But when I blended it, it whips up, so it depends on how much you whip it what the total volume would be.
    In any case, you can eat a cup of this and not be concerned about the carbs at all. I can eat a half cup and be fine; and that makes a good treat for me when I think I need something tasty.
    I think you can freeze these in one of those pop sickle molds and have creamsickles; so I will probably try that, too. I just have to get some of those pop sickle molds.
    Of course, now it is freezing here; so maybe I don't want popsickles right now.....

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.png

I saved this to Pinterest

Deviled eggs

The bottom has beets and the top has
    Avocado mixed

Beets are probably higher in carbs than green veggies.

We're in the 80's so Popsicle is good here.

Edit: those are so pretty!! I can't stop looking at them. You can probably get by with using very little beet, just for color and flavor.

If my ex was here I'd be having him make them. I need my cook back! :)

Maybe I'll give him a call.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My daughter is always atkinsing...even though she's a size 0-2. Anyway, she has a recipe for a bread In a mug which is very easy to make....need some special flours. It will fill up the mug and then she slices it in 3 and spreads butter and or /SF jam on it. It's also very filling. I'll get the recipe if you want. I'm pretty sure it's Atkins friendly.

Might use flax seed or flour, can't remember ...I've been with her when we were looking for the flours or seeds but it escapes me now.

My sister in NJ when she was atkinsing made it and liked it...I've tasted it an it's good but sodium is too high for me even though daughter used less sodium baking powder or Soda.

9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow! Those deviled eggs look very good. Where's the recipe? I was thinking of making some during the holidays. Those look so colorful, festive and yummy, just right for a buffet. :)

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

I think that low carb is just a sensible way to eat, and it will keep people from getting diabetes, since your blood sugar is always normal, and not triggering insulin like the regular high carb diet does to people.

The mug bread sounds like my microwave keto bread. I bought a special microwave container that was square so I could have a square bread and not a round one like in a mug.
    It was easy to make, but looked pasty until I toasted it. I am pretty sure it would also work as a pancake recipe, and make a roll-up kind of sandwich, or even a taco shell if it was cooked thin enough and then folded over.
    These are the kinds of things I want to experiment with, and also the keto pizza crusts. Everything else on a pizza is keto-friendly if I just make a crust that works. I have seen several recipes, just haven't tried any yet.

The eggs look beautiful !
    Probably do not need a lot of beets to make them pink. Even a light shade of pink would be pretty and not need many beets at all. I am thinking puréed pickled beets would work, but have to make my own because the store ones are loaded with sugar.

Here is your recipe for the eggs, @Chrissy Page and @Ina I. Wonder .

http://amazinglytasty.com/beet-and-avocado-deviled-eggs/

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Yvonne Smith , have you tried the riced cauliflower for the crust? My son did it once when I was there but that was before they sold it riced everywhere and was a lot of work.

It was a little soggy but I forget why....I think the already riced cauliflower would work better.

14. Yvonne Smith

I have looked at that, but so far I have not tried making any of the recipes that i found. Never having been much of a recipe follower, this is all uncharted territory for me, and I am looking for easy recipes.
    I was also wondering if the riced cauliflower would work for "chili beans" or sloppy joes . I love chili burgers, but regular chili is definitely out. I think that my food processor will make rice out of the cauliflower pretty easy, I just haven't tried it yet, and I don't think we have it at the stores here. I like food processing, though, so I won't mind doing that.
    I will probably be trying one of the pizza recipes soon, and then I will post the recipe if it turns out good.

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I put my cooked riced cauliflower in lots of things...last week I made chili with ground turkey and I never use beans so added some of that....it's a filler.

Yvonne Smith likes this.