Lowes Takes A Turn Towards Interior Decorating

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by John Brunner, Sep 15, 2020 at 10:22 AM.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've been getting emails from Lowes launching a line of "New York Fashion Week" furniture and decor available through their websites.

They've been featuring 3 designers in their ads:

lowes.jpg

Each artist's "curations" have their own section on Lowes website. Out of 110 products "curated" between the 3 "curators," 10 are stocked by my local Lowes (vases, mirrors, etc.) with the rest being special order (yeh, those high-falutin' words are way overused in the copy).
    I can't tell if this is being launched during Fashion Week or if it is a short-term thing just for September.
    Lowes nyfw.jpg

It's such an odd thing to see from Lowe's...opposite ends of the cultural spectrum, as it were.
    But they claim that's the point: to "dispel the myth" that high-end fashion cannot be had at Lowes prices.

Who knows if this will increase sales. I've not noticed any promotions or ad copy in the store.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Definitely too expensive for us ! Going to stick with Amazon and Walmart. I love shopping at lowes, because they always have markdowns and sales on their garden items and plants; but I won’t be buying any fashion decorating items from Lowes (or anywhere).

53BD2CB4-3D5D-4C35-8477-97714B1B67B2.jpeg

Von Jones likes this.
  3. John Brunner

Registered

@Yvonne Smith

How did you find THOSE???

I clicked on the products under each of the 3 designers and didn't see any of that stuff.

Holy poop!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

The Lowes in our area have always had interior decorating/home goods sections... everything from window blinds to linens. I don't pay much attention to "fashion" designers so this promo gets a big yawn from me. Of course with the pending bankruptcies of many struggling retailers (Macy's, Penney's, etc.), this might pan out for Lowes.

5. John Brunner

Registered

I had not thought of the other retailers going away.

When I moved into my current home, I purchased window treatments for every room in the house at Penneys. I had a stack of coupons (x% off, $XX off when you spend more than $500, etc) and sat down with the saleswoman figuring out the best way/order to apply them. Of course, their last CEO did away with the coupons (idiot.)

If I had to buy that kind of stuff today, I'd be limited to the internet, so maybe Lowes DOES have a good idea expanding this offering. I know where lamps and window treatments are. But if my local Lowes already carries pillows and bed linens, I've never seen it. And as I said, 90% of the "curated" stuff is not stocked. Interestingly, I looked at inventory in a store closer to DC (a larger, more upscale market), and they stocked even fewer of these items.