Lyrics That Hit Us Hard

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mari North, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I feel there is a lot of sadness around me today, I heard this morning that my sister-in-law Jo is deteriorating rapidly with cancer, and 20 years ago this month my wife died of cancer, this together with reading of the sadness that Chrissy is suffering has added to my vulnerability.
    This was always a favourite song of mine by Rod McKuen

Chrissy Cross and Mari North like this.
  2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Very pretty, @Bobby Cole . I've heard a number of artists do El-Shaddai, both major artists and indies, but for some reason I haven't heard Amy do it before now!

3. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my. I wasn't expecting that, @Debbie Allen ... nope, wasn't expecting that at all. Uh... yeah. Well this hit me on a very personal level and... thank you for sharing a song that touches you. I hadn't heard it before. It sure ripped open some scars for me.

Debbie Allen likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

"Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro, was a very sad song about a wife that got cancer and passed away. This song gives me cold chills ever time that I hear it. This viedeo has the lyrics on it.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Music has always had the ability to travel through me. I was a person that read books and listened to music nonstop. From '78 through '80, I was a competition country and ballroom dancer. But somewhere about the early 80's I stopped listening to music.

You guys are so good for me, at first I just passed up on the music posts, but I finally started listening again because at times I coundn't figure out what the heck y'all were referring to. So I've been listening again, and yes sometime it just seems to rip through me, but at the same time I am finding music again.

Bonnie Thomas and Mari North like this.
  7. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Music can be very soothing to the soul. I listen to many types of music, depending on my mood, but I listen to something everyday.
    Some of the older stuff brought up on the board just floods my memory bank ... good and bad. :)
    ... songs that I totally forgot about.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:)The song really gets to you especially when life hits you hard, as it did for me.
    We need this kind of inspiration to keep us going!!!

Mari North likes this.