Many C E O’s Of Large Corporations Have Resigned Recently

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was just reading this yesterday, and I think that there are more that have happened recently as well. I am wondering what they know that has caused the sudden resignation of the top people in these well-known corporations ?
    I am looking at two possibilities. The first one is that they are in fear of prosecution for something that they have been doing, and trying to save themself from being arrested, like what is happening to many politicians and celebrities recently.

The other possibility might be because of the coronavirus scare bringing down the stock market now. Any other thoughts ?

D21A75BE-4D0A-4D9D-A493-640642633DAB.jpeg

2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you check it out? I checked Disney and Mastercard and then these:
    https://www.businessinsider.de/inte...ock-ceos-that-stepped-down-in-2020/?r=US&IR=T

Disney's Iger said he wanted to focus on the creative side of the business after getting those assets and strategies in place. He said he could not do that while running Disney on a day-to-day basis. "It was not accelerated for any partiucalr reason other than I felt the need was now to make this change," He would still be leading the board, though.

All plausible reasons for me and many different ones as well.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There might another tail end reason for Iger stepping down. I’m sure there was some flack when it was found out that Richard Cook, who was promoted to chairman by Iger, took a trip on the pedophile express three days after he was promoted.
    It seems that many high ranking business people have had some major ties with Epstein which doesn’t look good for any major corporation.
    The analysis might be a bit conspiratorial in nature but personally, if a CEO had anything at all to do with any kind of activity that would bring a serious black eye to my company, he or she would be asked to step down quickly.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Possible, Bobby, but would that then qualify him for leading the board?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s just an ostensible observation Tom, but obviously fraught with a few holes. All we can do is try to figure things out with as little information that can be had. I normally found my opinions upon what I hear from the horse’s mouth (or a lot of research) but the problem is that in today’s world, what seems to be the horse’s mouth is actually that of a jackass.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe they're just retirement age and want to retire like the rest of us. This is actually a small number in the grand scheme of things.

Thomas Stearn and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

While that is totally possible, it does seem unusual to me that just in one month (or less) the CEO’s of so many really large corporations have stepped down suddenly with no early indications that they were about to do this.
    I just read this morning that the CEO of Harley-Davidson has also resigned, so we can add another one to the list

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I guess I don't see a big conspiracy here. If they have committed a crime, they will be subject to arrest whether they are retired or not. As for the coronavirus/stock market...??? I'm pretty sure they'd retire with company stock and holdings, so their losses would be the same. So I'm not sure what we're supposed to be suspicious about.

9. Yvonne Smith

It does not necessarily mean that they have done anything criminal, and maybe, it doesn’t mean anything at all, @Beth Gallagher . It is interesting that so many have left good paying positions all at once, recently, and many of them are not just wanting to go into retirement, although some may be retiring for that reason.

One of the main reasons being considered , from what I have read, is about our economy.
    For several different reasons (some good and some bad), people are saying that we could have a serious drop in the economy, just like we had around 2007-8 (not sure exactly when), and we had the bad recession.

These CEO’s are not just resigning, they are cashing in stock market holdings, which is another sign of a possible stock market collapse.
    https://www.ccn.com/ceos-quitting-in-record-numbers-could-signal-total-stock-market-collapse/

Jeff Bezo’s has been selling his Amazon stock, over $3.5 BILLION dollars in just this past week !
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/j...in-amazon-stock-over-the-past-week-2020-02-06

10. Yvonne Smith

Microsoft has just announced that Bill Gates is stepping down from the board , so another important CEO resigning.

11. Yvonne Smith

And, here is Bill Gates, pictured with Jeffrey Epstein. They had plans to start a development together , but Epstein being arrested put the stop to those plans.

973307CA-8151-4C36-BD16-07A0A6A5192B.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

The CEO of AT&T just stepped down. Apparently , the company has massive debt, and they own CNN, which is not doing well either.
    Just last month, Brian Lesser, the chief Executive of AT&T left, for unspecified reasons, and now , CEO Randall Stephenson has stepped down.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-at-t-ceo-idUSKCN2262A7

13. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

https://www.thestreet.com/retail/jef...sive-new-yacht

I don't shop at his STORE, so I don't support his new toy...[​IMG][​IMG]

I've joined a new group and one of the owners just posted a comment to this topic:

Haha another pandemic gazillionaire.

I can only imagine how many masks, sanitizers etc were purchased at his Store...

I will not buy at that Store.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I do shop at his "store" and have since around 1995 when it was just an online bookstore. I don't care what he spends his money on; he obviously has plenty so why not spend it?

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth why am I not suprised at your kindness toward Jeff..yeah it's fine and great he can spend 1/2Billion on his hole in the water....

I miss my country as it's closing down and thanks to the Bezos' and Klause and Gates etc in our country....