Mark Forums Read

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are times when I can read everything that is posted here, but there are also times when I can't keep up with it. When it gets to where I have several pages of forums that are marked as "New" for me, meaning that they have new posts, I find it helpful to click the "Mark Forums Read" option. When you click on "New Posts," you will find that as an option.

You might miss something, but don't feel bad about it. Clicking that reset button every now and then makes it easier for you to keep up with the new stuff.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Since I posted this thread a few years ago, and just a moment ago clicked the "Mark Forums Read" option, I thought I'd bump this to the top, just in case there are any here who haven't noticed that option. If you're away from the forum for a while, or if you get too busy to keep up with things for a while, the chances are very good that nothing has been said here that your life is likely to depend on, so you can either spend hours catching up on everything that you might be interested in, which is good, and I do that a lot, or you can give yourself a clean slate by clicking to "Mark Forums Read."

You can still go through the forum and browse to your heart's content, as it doesn't delete anything, but only the stuff that's posted after you chose that option will be presented as new, and that can be a good thing, too.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.