Massage Therapy Against Stress

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Corie Henson, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My husband is fond of massage ever since I can remember. It's usually the home service that he avails of which is more expensive. At the start of this year, there was a massage parlor that opened 2 blocks away from our home. When we tested the service, it was pretty good. And I even liked it myself.

Coincidentally, in one casual chat with a mixed group, a physician said that massage is one good way of relieving stress. That idea stuck to my mind. And since massage therapy of the nearby massage parlor is quite cheap, it encouraged me to call for massage therapy often. And to give me more encouragement, the massage parlor made me this offer of paying 10 sessions in advance and I would be getting 15 sessions in all. Not bad eh?

2. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a reflexologist neighbor and i find this treatment so calming during foot or hand reflexology sessions.My session with her often begins with a gentle massage of both feet, then on the reflex points on each foot. The purpose of this form of bodywork is to relax muscles and blood circulation.

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I live on the third floor of a Adults over 55 Apartment Complex and walk down the three flights, out the back door and through a gate and it's exactly 85 steps to heaven where I go every 10 days for a Full Body Massage. Love it!!

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had a few massages and they are relaxing but it's not something I do often.

Many of the massage parlors here, especially the ones that have a lot of women from Thailand working in them
    Also have been busted for prostitution.

I think they ask the man if he wants a "happy ending" massage. There's actually sites which list the ones that
    Do this and I've seen them but forget what it's called.

This usually goes on in the cheaper dumpier looking places.

5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I am an advocate of massage therapy. I had to go through a series of massages after a car wreck. They helped me alot.