Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Bill Boggs, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Merry Christmas everyone! Still early here and only my daughter and I are up. Boys are still sleeping, it's different now that they don't believe in Santa. :)

They'd rather sleep.

Later today we'll go see the Star Wars movie.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sounds like you have a great day planned, @Chrissy Cross . let us know what you think of the Star Wars movie. I have heard that some said they thought it was great, and others said they didn’t think it was nearly as good as the earlier ones. Looking forward to hearing what you think about it.
    It is bitterly cold here (for Alabama), but not snowing or anything like that. We are going to give the car a good chance to warm up before we drive over to Robin’s house . She posted pictures of the goose she is roasting, and it is looking wonderful !

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife and I saw The Last Jedi last Saturday, in 3-D. Wife love it, but I thought it was pretty much just ok. Going to see it again in a regular theater, with no 3-D or really loud sound. For me, I could barely understand some of the lines of the actors/actresses.

The movie is getting both good and not-so-good reviews. None of the reviews that I read said the movie was bad or terrible. There will be a sequel to this movie in December 2019. Next May, The Hans Solo Story comes out. It's basically about Hans when he was a teen, before he won the Falcon. Will see it, but not really that interested.

Unlike some newer Star Wars fans, wife and I favorite Star Wars movies were the three that came out in 1977, 1980 and 1983. All three with Darth Vader.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered