Mexicano Pistoleers

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bill Boggs, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

He walked down the dusty street from the livery to the saloon The dust whirled in the street. His hand rested on the butt of his gun which rested in his Mexican styled holster. The street was quite, the shops were quite. There were no horses tied off at the saloon. Where was everybody? Watching him from behind dusty windows, no doubt. This was like a dozen towns he knew from Dodge City to Tombstone. He had been running knowing a posse was on his trail.

He didn’t think they were bluffing. They would eventually catch up to him. Even so he'd given them the slip. But he would run no more. Here he’s make his stand. He was good, he knew it and lawmen all over knew it. They would not brace him.

It’s true he had robbed the stage and he had shot the driver and a man in the coach. The driver had a rifle on the seat with him and he picked it up. If the darn fool in the coach had not gone for that derringer he’d still be alive but he had and had died for his trouble. Something was wrong, the town was too quite. He rode into town minutes before noon. The place should be thriving. No one stirred on the street. There was no traffic. Even the saloon appeared empty.

They would come for him but let them come. He would take care of them as he had done in the past. Posses down here in southern Arizona were always a bunch of Mexican low-life being led by some sheriff who had stayed in office so long he could hardly pick up a heavy pistol. He would show them. His hand still on his gun he started for the saloon when he saw movement in the alley, a lone individual.

“Drop you gun and raise your hands, Senior, you are surrounded.”

Surrounded? A lone man with no gun. This was a game he knew well and he crouched and pull his gun.

A dozen Mexicano pistoleers cut him down.

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

That was fun!

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Everyone in the universe can tell a short tale but me. This is practice. I'll try not to over do it or get too loud.

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

If that was just practice, you are setting a high bar for yourself, @Bill Boggs. ;)

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

A story needs two things. It needs to hold my interest. I don't want to know how it ends until it ends. Your story fills the bill. Well done!