Missing: My Usual Chipper Self

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

If it was noticed, well.....OK. If interested or have an idea, please don't skip off. Over a year ago I had a fever
    ~100` which persisted for 3 weeks. ER visit, got Cipro, told come back in 4 days if no improvement. Went to my Dr., fever still present, he sent me back to ER. They ran multitude tests, I had no symptoms of any kind other than fever, CT scan of my head looking at for pituitary trouble; nothing. Gave me Levaquin, diagnosed sinus infection, sent home. No improvement, went back to doctor. I suggested what is resistance to those similar Fluoroquinolones were present? He agreed after thinking and studying quite awhile. I suggested Bactrim; he agreed, went back away somewhere, came back with a huge jar of the stuff, dumped out a handful, put them in a meds container. Black marker labeled it, as an afterthought. Within a day, fever was gone.

Now the dilemma, the big imponderable. Fever came back last week, Thursday I think, now with some symptoms, pain. Following day I began Bactrim, fever dropped overnight. Pain worsened, fever gone yesterday, back today by noon. The pain began as a sharp stab lower-left rib cage, hurting inwards, just like those "stitches" we got while running as kids. Today it's switched to the same location, but on the right side. I hardly slept at all.

Classical symptoms of Pleurisy, liquid gathered between the lungs' Pleura, or injury there, or tumor. There is no pain, however, while sitting on a chair. If scan shows liquid, they aspirate it with a huge long needle. This I will only allow over my dead body. Sometimes drain it via surgery. This may keep me out of here for some unknown length of time, so continue having fun!
    Frank

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh geez, Frank. I hope they figure it out, and it can be fixed.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Take care of yourself, Frank. Hope you get better soon.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Good luck, @Frank Sanoica. How did you come up with Bactrim when Levaquin and Cipro didn't work? If you have a pleural effusion, it should show up on a simple x-ray of the chest. Did they do any sort of cultures?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Wishing you well Frank - hope you find a solution quickly

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG..Frank... you do sound like you're suffering badly, ..I can only wish you the best solution and meds if that's what it takes.. and get you well very soon...

I'm sending you some Good luck charms....

[​IMG]

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica ..oh wow! I thought Bactrium was for bacterial infections.
    Regardless, something is going on within your system. Try and keep us posted. Hopes and prayers you get will soon.
    :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It sounds like you have something different going on this time, but still something that your body is trying its best to fight off with a fever, which will kill most invaders. A fever of 100 is not serious, but can make you feel awful.
    The trick seems to be to let it be high enough to kill the infection, but not high enough to do damage to your brain. I think that happens if it gets over 105, but don’t remember exactly.
    I seldom get sick, but when I do, I bundle under blankets, and just let the fever kill whatever it is, and am usually better the next day.

The pain in the ribs though, that is worrisome, and might be a pulmonary embolism like i had a year or so ago, and they are seriously painful.
    Need to have that checked, and they can give you a blood thinner to dissolve the clot if that is what you have.
    If it is water around the lungs, they might be able to just give you Lasix, or something similar, to flush the extra liquid out, and not have to use the long needle.
    That is what they have done with me, when I have the bad a-fib and heart failure and can’t breathe because of fluid in the lungs.
    Either way , saying prayers for your recovery back to your “chipper self”, @Frank Sanoica .

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Good luck with this, Frank. Take care and let us know how you are doing.

10. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Frank, sorry to hear you are under the weather. You mention Cipro and that class of antiobiotics, those drugs come with a huge amount of side effects. I avoid them with a passion. I have a friend who reluctantly took Cipro and it took a long time to get that out of her system...too much damage from that drug.

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica , I hope they find your problem and soon have you back to your usual impish ways. In the meantime, we'll leave the light on for you.

light.jpg

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

F r a n k.....are you ok ?
    Here is some flowers for you.

Attached Files:

Yvonne Smith and Shirley Martin like this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Frank hasn't been here since Thursday. I hope he is getting better and not worse.