My Assisted Living Is Having It's Biggest Shut Down Yet

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Everyone is practicing Self Isolation and staying in their apartments. No visitors. Leave premises only for medical appointments. Dinning Room Closed. Fitness Center Closed. Library Closed. Lounge Closed. All meals brought to our apartments. This will be one strange and different Xmas being shut down and shut in for the month. Our part of California has experienced a big Covid surge and our facility has had a number of staff & residents test positive. I am feeling pretty good and staying busy with forums, movies, reading. I had a Cochlear Implant adjustment last Friday and can finally hear a little bit which helps with the Closed Captioning.

2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Did anyone at all who tested 'positive' also test 'negative' ? Did anyone have symptoms ?

3. Lon Tanner

Registered

I have no idea----I am not privy to private info.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A lot of people are becoming reclusive without being forced to do so and that’s their choice, more power to them. But to have no choice in the matter I really do not know how I would react. Not well I suspect.

Just a thought. Do you have any of the residents phone numbers and can maybe do a little face time or skype with? Matter of fact, maybe doing some face time with your family would do you a world of good. Like I wrote, it’s just a thought.

At any rate Lon, I do wish you joy and peace and with the hope that next year will be a much better year.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Registered

Thank you.

6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

I talk to the people, and ask them.

This year in about June I met someone from Texas who said he and a coworker both had tested pos for cvd.

They were normal, healthy, and had no symptoms.

To Test the System, He bought twenty of the test kits, and sent them all in without swabbing anyone.

Thirteen of them came back POSITIVE.

In Wuhan, or in reports in the usa about there, they said 80% of the postive results were false positives.

This has been recurrent all year , according to reports of test results. For examples:

Then, in places where they used to test 1000 people, and had 34 positive (with no symptoms),
    then, they increased the number of tests to 20,000 people,

guess what... out of 20,000 people , more people tested positive than out of 1000 people. Thus a claim was made of increase cvd cases, without knowing at all how many had cvd , and still only a few had symptoms.

But a lot of money was lost, and a lot of profits were made.... by someone.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do not know who is benefiting the most but I absolutely do know that I wish I had some stock in the medical mask industry before this all started.

8. Lon Tanner

Registered

Sorry Jeff, but you don't understand what living in Assisted Living is like. Half the folks are deaf and can't talk well with masks and stay in their apartments Self Isolating, We are all being well taken care of.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Thanks Lon. You're right about those aspects of being in an Assisted Living like that , I have seen sometimes, but wasn't thinking in that direction. Even not in a closed environment , I talk to a lot more people here online, than in person on some days. Although today I got to talk to several police officers about their opinion of the masks.
    They were a short distance away, in a group, and I walked slowly over , normally, using my cain, and waited until they had a moment.

They agreed the wearing masks is silly and for many may be harmful. But they have to do their jobs and enforce the rules when called up to do so.

Out of 5 or 6 officers, btw, only one was wearing a mask. This is quite common to see in public areas, and inside restaurants and other businesses. (which is good - as more people learn the masks are harmful,
    although the increasing laws are probably not going away - it will get worse fast as they start getting stricter with other measures including forcing drugs or tracing on as many as they can.

Thankfully, there are still a few states (or more?) , many cities, and some countries, that are doing better than the distancing and better than the shutdowns , to see living true examples of what we already knew at the beginning of the year. Of course, sifting through the fake news is difficult....

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Congress. Corporations. drug makers. (by far the most).

Just hypothesizing from televised info, btw....

how many masks can you buy wholesale for $14,000.00 though ?
    The ventilators already manufactured and in use in Europe in February for some time, were not good enough for the usa. Oh, they are made for use in hospitals and clinics and maybe even hospice or homes... and reliable...

but what ? They only cost $450.00 (at that time) ....

The new contracts the congress approved for a new company in Oregon or Washington priced the venti's at $14,000 each, and it turns out they have a 50% mortality rate when used (partly because of the tube that has to be inserted down the throat.) ....