My Daughter Had A Serious Accident

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Holly Saunders, May 9, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

It happened last evening and she's only just told me.. about an hour ago....

She fell 14 feet off the top of the water deposito on her property... onto flint chippings... She's been at the hospital all day today, she has cracked ribs, torn chest muscle, and the skin ripped off the underneath of her right arm and the muscle pulled out of her shoulder where she'd made a grab at trying to save herself... :(:(:(...

She knows how I worry about her, so she didn't want to tell me.... but in the end she thought I needed to know........ this is her arm...

upload_2019-5-9_22-22-27.png

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG, Holly, I'm so sorry about that! I hope she will heal quickly.

Having said that, did you notice that the bandage matches her nail polish?

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

I did notice that, Shirley...just sheer co-incidence!!!

She worries me sick tbh, she's always climbing and fixing things on roofs, and what not.. she always taking risks because it's her business and things need maintaining all the time, and as she lives so remotely, she can't just call someone in to do stuff at the drop of a hat!!

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I know that bandages come in many different colors nowadays.

I know what you mean about worry. They never get old enough for us not to worry about them ,do they?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

No they don't Shirley, and it makes it all the worse because she's my only ''child''... and she lives abraod, so it's not like I can pop around to hers to take care of things. Thank Goodness I'm going out there in a month's time..

Shirley Martin likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders Oh my goodness! I hope she's OK, Holly. I know you must be worried sick about her.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Wishing her a speedy recovery.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thank you Lon....

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Truly, think that i completely understand how you feel, @Holly Saunders . I am the same way with Robin, she loves living dangerously, and when something does happen, she won’t tell me, even if she is in the hospital. Then , she wonders why I worry all of the time !
    Sending prayers for your daughter’s recovery, Holly, and also for comfort for both you and your daughter.
    It sounds like she could have been hurt much worse, falling from that far, and I am glad that she is able to be back home from the hospital this soon, too.
    It is good that you will be able to see her next month. Robin is my only daughter, and I worry about all of my kids, but I think I worry about Robin the most.

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thank you Yvonne, yes you're so right , it could have been much worse, if she'd fallen a different way she could have broken her neck or her spine. She said she fell ''straight down'' ''rather than off'' , which she thinks saved her from a far more serious injury.... Fortunately she has excellent private medical care where she is.. and can see her doctor and osteopath pretty much as soon as she needs to... but of course running her own very busy business, she just can't take the time off...

She worries me stiff.. she's always been a go-getter and like Robin an adventuress, a sportswomen, always has been .. and of course she runs her business which needs consonant work and maintenance, and although she has help with major maintenance from a local handyman , it's spasmodic, and she only ever calls him in for big jobs..otherwise she does loads herself, like tiling roofs etc... she scares me to death

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders ...kids they do yhe damest things ! Glad she is going to be okay...now if only you can recover:p

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

8AF2034F-39ED-4518-96A8-DE216671D4E7.jpeg

See this picture, Holly .
    That tiny little figure is my daughter, standing on the edge of the cliff at the Columbia River Gorge, near Vantage , Washington . You can see the cliff is shear on both sides of the river. Just getting to where she is standing was way too steep for me, ad that was back when I was much more mobile.
    This picture was taken (by me) just BEFORE she went down over the side of the cliff ! !
    When I said I would not know whether she fell off or not, she just laughed and said “Listen for the splash, Mom !”
    What seemed like a lifetime later, she reappeared back up over the edge again......

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yep that's my daughter too... ... I think they're both around the same age..perhaps that decade bred dare devils... :eek:

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

That's thing Gloria... I'm more upset than she seems to be, even tho' she's the one with the pain and damage ....and she knew that would be the case which is why she held off telling me... o_O

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

This is another one she sent me.
    Below this cliff is a deep lake, which she also sent me a picture of, with the comment “Listen for the splash, Mom”.
    This one is here at Huntsville and is back in the woods on the arsenal, one of her favorite fossil-hunting grounds. At least now, she has her iPhone along, so maybe we can at least find her if she disappears off a cliff somewhere.

A4E56838-347D-4BDA-8F10-2F9D7511E49F.jpeg