My Daughter Sent Me A Vitamix!

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When all else fails....... 62577268-FD41-4001-B956-CCAB698D8F17.jpeg

Nancy Hart and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I would use one every day but I hate to clean it. My DIL gave me a hand blender something like Bobbies. It's easier to clean.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There really is nothing to cleaning out the blender, @Bill Boggs , at least not for what I use it for. Mostly, I just rinse it out good with hot water after I use it, and that is all it ever needs, since nothing was actually cooked , just blended.
    However, it can be cleaned in a dishwasher, from what I have read; but we ARE the dishwashers here in our house.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Bill Boggs and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

After I got the Nutri-Ninja, I have been using that instead of the Vitamix, and it actually does a great job of blending up veggies and greens, and has a setting for doing that.
    The Vitamix is big and heavy, and the little Nutri-Ninja is small and lightweight, so the Vitamix has been living in the pantry/storage room.
    A couple days ago, I decided to make almond milk to put in my tea instead of regular milk, and I made it in the Nutri-Ninja, and it came out fine, but there was over a half cup of pulp left that I had to strain out before I put it in the jar to store it.
    I finished the almond milk this morning when I made the pineapple/ginger/turmeric smoothie, so I soaked more almonds and then got the Vitamix out and used that for the almond milk this time.
    Afterwards, I strained it, but all I had was a little bit of foam in the strainer, and no pulp at all. So, the Vitamix is going to stay in the kitchen for when I want to make almond milk.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a small Magic Bullet and it is heavy for its size, but is fine for my usage.. My late daughter in law had a large one she tried to foist off on me since she hated it, but I don't need a large one.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’ve had a NutriBullet ever since they appeared on TV about 8-9 years ago. ( bought it through the TV shop ) before they were available in the shops ,it’s been great , in fact I had a blueberry smoothie for tea last night I didn’t feel like any “food”
    It’s not one of those things that’s sat in the cupboard unused it’s been used heaps and it’s sill going strong

36A9907A-E135-4DDC-A973-21F45480FD54.jpeg

Terry Coywin likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

I wanted something that I could use for just cup size portions, and that was lighter than the Vitamix. My daughter has the Nitri-Ninja, and she loves hers, so when I found one on sale I got it.
    It has different settings, and something called Auto-IQ, and it does a great job for just about any regular smoothie.
    It is similar to the Magic Bullet.

1C8F9643-37F7-4F5C-B016-122D81097248.jpeg

Terry Coywin likes this.