My Dear Adam

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Michelle Keiser, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Michelle Keiser

Michelle Keiser Veteran Member
    Registered

It is that time of the year when my thoughts are consumed of you my dear Adam. How I miss you Adam. It feels like you left only yesterday but your children have grown so much to remind me that it has been years. So much has happened since you've been gone. The moment you left this world mine world changed forever. I still have trouble understanding why....why do things happen to good people who have nothing but love in their hearts? You would be so proud of your children Adam. Zoie Rose is 10 years old now and she is turning into such a fine young girl. Zoie has your eyes, those beautiful brown eyes. She is doing well in school and she loves to come and visit me. I know you would be so very proud of who she is growing to be. I am hoping she likes to fish, as you did. Now your little boy Anthony. Wow, he is the spitting image of you. You know how we nicknamed him A.J. well it stuck! A.J. is the kindest little boy I know, and I can't help but to believe he will be someone very important someday. He is so much like you. For only being 8 years old he loves to help others, the way you always did. I loved that about you. Please always know that I talk about you to both of them. I will always make sure you are part of who they are. Oh my dear Adam how I wish you were here....but know that you will be in our hearts forever....I love you and miss you. Your Mother-In-Law ~Michelle~

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Michelle,
    Oh how you words resinates with me. I have lost both of my sons. The oldest at 27 years in 1993. I helped raise his daughter and son, and I made sure that they knew who their father was. Just over a year ago, I lost my secound son, and although his children are grown I think I am helping by giving them a place to speak of him.

You are of invaluable benefit to your grandchildren.

Michelle Keiser likes this.
  3. Michelle Keiser

Registered

Ina,
    So sorry to hear of your loss...I have never lost one of my children but the day I lost Adam it felt like I had. When my oldest daughter was a little girl she played with Adam in the sandbox. As they grew older they always seemed to have a connection. Riding their bicycles together, playing in tree forts, and I am sure it was love back then. I would kid with her as Adam grew older and would come to the house and she thought boys were icky that someday she would probably marry him. She would always respond, "No way....I will never marry him Mom." As Adam and Mandy grew older they grew apart. He married, my daughter was in and out of relationships. Adam's wife divorced him and they had 2 small children at the time. My daughter went to visit him one day and they were together from that day on. My daughter married Adam, and they had the two beautiful grandchildren I speak of. Then tragedy hit...Adam and my daughter were in the hospital giving birth to their son A.J. and Adam became very ill. Since he was there at the hospital staying the night with my daughter and his new baby son, he went down to the E.R. room and they did an emergency cat scan. The doctor told my daughter and Adam that night he found a large mass in his colon and he was pretty sure it was cancer. Adam was only 26 years old. I remember my phone ringing off the hook at like 4 am in the morning and my daughter was crying out of control on the other end. I finally got her to calm down and she told me what was going on. I jumped in my car and immediately went to them. It was a 3 year battle from that day forth. Adam lost his fight to cancer and it was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. So, no Adam was not my son by birth, but boy oh boy it felt like it the day he died....and has since. I guess I want to believe that things happen for a reason, I guess that is the way I was raised, but I can't for the life of me figure out what good reason it was taking a father away from his 4 children...all of whom were under the age of 7 years old at the time. It just makes you question so many things....thank you so much for sharing, it does help to talk about it, and to keep that persons memory alive. My grandchildren will always know who their father was, how great of a man he was, the only thing I really had wished for was for him to show them himself. I will as long as I am on the face of this earth be that person for them because I owe that to Adam...my daughter has since moved on and has giving me 3 more grandchildren to whom I love dearly, but there is something special about Adams children that I hold in my heart. ~Michelle~

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, this kind of loss cuts deeply, and your right in how hard it is to see a good coming out of such situations. But we must except things as they are. We have no choice in the matter. All we can do is be grateful for the time we have had with these remarkable souls. I feel it was an honor to know my sons.

Michelle Keiser likes this.
  5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I am so sorry for your loss ladies. It is hard to loss a loved one so young. My youngest daughter was operated on last year for colon cancer. It turned our lives upside down. She is fine now. I find myself praying all the time and being very gratiful for my blessings.

6. Michelle Keiser

Registered

Hi Ina,
    Your so right...I feel extremely privileged to have had Adam in my life. Today my grandson Anthony came over and it was shortly after I had been writing about Adam, which of course when I write about him I most generally cry, and as he walked into my computer room I seen a glimpse of Adam and it made me smile...because the legacy of Adam lives on through his children forever.

7. Michelle Keiser

Registered

Pat,
    I am so glad to know that your daughter is doing fine. It is a tough ordeal for not only the person diagnosed but for the family as well. Thank you for sharing about your daughter and I wish her the best in the future...to good health always!!