My Dream Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Mal Campbell, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw these photos online, and just fell in love. I would love to have something like this to spend my lazy days in. Sipping hot tea, leisurely planting and weeding. Maybe have some tea parties .... OK, that's probably going a little far, but you get the point.

This one is kind of medievil looking - just the thing to go with my Scottish castle.
    Hammond 2.jpg

This is where I'll have all my tea parties, and you're all invited!
    glass palace.jpg
    And of course, you can't have a Glass Palace, without gardens inside, so ....
    GH INSIDE 2.jpg
    And what's better than a little water feature?
    GH INSIDE 4.jpg

Magalina Lilis likes this.
  2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Okay I've finished drooling all over my laptop now! LOL Wow if I ever win that lottery...! I could happily while away my hours in any of these areas and I would never get bored! Beautiful!

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Put the tea kettle on. I'm on my way. I especially like the first one.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They are all beautiful ! I would love to actually have any of those. What I would would probably actually choose, if I were designing something for myself, is a hope that is called an Earthship. An Earthship is a home made from recycled materials, and they have passive solar hear heat, with an inside garden area, and often room for a fish tank where you can also raise your own fish for food.
    With an Earthship, you can actually be self-sufficient, plus, they are very resisitant to natural disasters, such as tornadoes and hurricanes.
    Here is a picture of an Earhship with the solar garden area, just so you can get an idea of the potential of an Earthship.

But for now, I will just enjoy working outside in the garden that we have , and dream about the greenhouse garden.
    image.jpg

Magalina Lilis likes this.
  5. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

That's really neat. I've always thought it would be great to be off-the-grid completely. I like the idea of growing my own food and using solar cells, and other means, to produce my own electricity.

The pictures you posted are great. I don't know if I would like everything inside. I need to get out in the fresh air and sunshine, or I'm not too fun to be around, just ask my husband!!

Thanks for posting

6. Magalina Lilis

Magalina Lilis Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, dream green houses! Now, this is right up my alley of fun. We are repairing a couple out in our flower farm. Actually, it is my father and son doing the work. So, this thread, with all your lovely inspirations, got me to do my own search. I came across a few that struck my fancy.

The first one is inflatable! I would put these up in the some sections of the field to protect some of the flowers from inclement weather conditions. Well, it gave my mother and I a good laugh, just thinking about it.

[​IMG]

I think, the next one image would make an exotic entrance way into a greenhouse. Although, I might be leery of snakes lurking around.

[​IMG]

Now, here is my dream greenhouse.

[​IMG]

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Magalina Lilis

Magalina Lilis Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha ha. You got me. I even looked at the hint and did not guess. Of course, after looking at the answer, it made sense. I won't say the answer. Don't want to ruin the fun for others.

9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My husband's dream green house is far from any of the photos above. His plan is to have a compact one measuring 4 by 5 meters with 6 feet high posts for the fiberglass roofing. The walls would be the green mesh with tiny holes that cannot be invaded by big bugs and flying insects. His objective for that? To plant lettuce. He said that it would be nice to have a fresh lettuce when we need it.

There was a time when he planted mustard that was a hit with his relatives who kept on coming and harvesting all the time. We had a grand time with that. But with the lettuce? I'm not really confident.

Joe Riley likes this.
  10. Linda Schrier

Linda Schrier Veteran Member
    Registered

These pictures of greenhouses are stunning. I always wanted my very own greenhouse to start my plants for the spring and summer earlier. Last year I used one of my bedrooms as a greenhouse and used tropical plants. I had a lot of fun doing it. This year my sister moved into that room and I have back issues so I was unable to do it again. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Joe Riley likes this.