My Drone Flying Field

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Hal Pollner, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This is a large 1 square mile area near my home, which is completely free of obstructions, with plenty of room for flying Drones without bothering anyone. The San Gabriel mountain range has just received a fresh snowfall.

These are my Drones:

The little one is just a toy, but the larger one has an on-board Camera and can record videos and stills which are viewed on the transmitter control box.

It has an automatic "return to home" function which will automatically cause it to return to its launch site in case it flies out of transmitter range or loses the transmitter signal for any reason.

Hal
    002.JPG 023.JPG

Ken Anderson and Thomas Stearn like this.
  2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Well-Known Member
    Registered

That's what it should be like: no bothering of others, plenty of room, and no obstructions. The thing is, though, what can you film that you haven't seen yet? :D

Anyway, in our densely populated and crowded areas some morons also fly their drones with the result of bothering others, and even air traffic, competing with other drones, spying on people in their homes, and more often than not, losing control of their drones. They are a nuisance. Give a boy a drone.

BTW, Hal, is there something you don't seem to have?

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I know what you're saying, Herr Stearn, but there are several things I don't have: a Cyclotron, a Pipe Organ, and a Kangaroo.

(However, years ago I DID have a small one rank (61 pipes) pipe organ which was winded by the exhaust from a vacuum cleaner.)

Shown is a 3-manual 32 pedal electronic Theater Organ that I had at one time...I traded it for a Grand Piano, but still miss those deep pedal tones!

Hal
    conn562.JPG

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Thomas Stearn likes this.
  4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've always admired those who can play the organ.
    BTW, Hal, you can call me Thomas. You already managed to.:)