My Email Is Being Bombarded By Government Officials

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Is anyone else getting a bunch of emails from people wanting them to donate money to help them save President Trump from being booted out of Office! My email is being bombarded with these things. Just what do they do with this money people donate?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you a registered Republican, Babs? My husband is, and he gets a lot of solicitations in email and snail mail.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I am a registered Republican...but I have never gotten so many emails like this before and I'm just wondering what they do with any money donated. Doesn't the President have Lawyers, etc.?

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. The solicitations we get are for his re-election campaign. (And yes, he has lawyers plus it looks like Pelosi is going to drag her feet on sending the impeachment articles to the Senate for a trial.)

5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

They want donations because Trump is broke.

Hal

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think so Hal.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson...do you know what they would be doing with the donation money? I can see emails asking us to sign a petition or to contact our state representives to let them no we do not want Trump impeached...but why would they need our money?

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I hesitate to make financial contributions to political campaigns for that reason. Because I contributed to the Ron Paul campaign in 2012, I get spam from Rand Paul constantly, and because Ron Paul was a Republican, as is Donald Trump, whose campaign I contributed to in 2016, I get spammed by all sorts of Republican candidates, although I haven't been registered as a Republican since the 2012 election. The way I see it, the kind of money that I can afford to contribute won't make one bit of difference to anyone's campaign and, while I would otherwise like to at least weigh in as a contributor, I don't know that it's worth the spam.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

But this isn't for a campaign...they want it to help fight the impeachment and I just don't see why they would need our money for that?

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think they're simply using it as a fundraiser for the reelection campaign, although I would be careful about contributing to any PAC or organization other than the campaign, or at least I'd want to know what their true purpose is. I frequently see fundraising ads from Mitch McConnell on Facebook that make an appeal to defending Trump from impeachment. But, while I hope he will do the right thing as it comes to impeachment in the Senate, I certainly wouldn't pin my hopes on Mitch McConnell. If Trump weren't so popular among Republicans, Mitch would be a Never-Trumper. He opposed Trump during the election, and couldn't wait to get in front of a camera every time Trump was accused of something during his first year in office to voice his own concern over the latest woman to make an accusation, or whatever the attack might be. As Senate Majority leader, he doesn't need anyone's contributions in order to defend Trump and, in fact, he has indicated that he may not allow Trump to call any witnesses and that he wouldn't allow the Bidens to be brought into it.

I have no doubt there are other organizations and PACs who are using the impeachment as a fundraiser and, while they may buy some advertising or something, my best guess would be that they are simply taking advantage.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I wouldn't contribute anything unless I knew who "they" were. I did contribute to the Republican National Committee last election never having done that before because I was convinced that Trump was the real deal. This impeachment crap has me fired up so I'll be doing so again. If you get emails you don't want just scroll down the the bottom till you see "unsubscribe" and give it a click.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I consider anything for someone or some place I do not know or do business with as
    Spam...automatic empty trash:D

13. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I get, mail, email, and texts all the time. Melania Trump sent a 2929 calendar which I appreciate.

I do contribute, mostly to the RNC, They use the money to support Republican candidates for house and senate as well as President Trump/ We sure don't ever want to let democrats get control of both houses.

I wish all conservative minded people would donate. This is an election our country can't afford to lose. Your getting the spam anyway so you might as well help elect more Republicans.

Republicans in Arkansas are in no danger of losing so donating to the RNC can help in other states.

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.