My Funny Valentine

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Joe Riley, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yea, special day for us! We get each other a nice card and go out for a nice dinner. I also generally get her a little stuffed Valentines Day toy animal that either talks or sings. One year I got here Tweety Bird saying cute Valentines Day things. Since she loves tigers, last year I got her a small stuffed tiger toy that was holding a heart that said I Love You. That night, she slept with it next to her head on the pillow. I loved it.

One thing I do know, a lot of single people, not in a relationship or anything, don't like this day just like they don't like New Year's Eve. I know I didn't pay any attention to it when I was single/divorce/not in a relationship.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I never liked Valentines day when I was married. It meant I had to buy the ol' lady something, to keep the peace.

Ruby Begonia and Joe Riley like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, just a couple of "old romantic's"! Been that way for our entire marriage of 15 years this coming March.

Ruby Begonia and Joe Riley like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Jon Bon Jovi offered another special gift to Chinese fans - singing the classic romantic Chinese song, The Moon Represents My Heart (in Mandarin), to celebrate Valentine's Day in China!;)

English Translation

You ask me how deep my love for you is,
    How much I really love you…
    My affection is real.
    My love is real.
    The moon represents my heart.

You ask me how deep my love for you is,
    How much I really love you…
    My affection does not waver,
    My love will not change.

* Just one soft kiss
    is enough to move my heart.
    A period of time when our affection was deep,
    Has made me miss you until now.

* You ask me how deep my love for you is,
    How much I really love you.

* ** Go think about it.
    Go and have a look [at the moon],

Repeat *

Repeat **

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I had to listen to this twice…it was that beautiful. Now "the moon represents my heart".
    Okay, I'm ready for Valentines Day :)
    I'm single but I have a lot of people I love and look forward to showing them that on Valentines…and always.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:The song is so beautiful. Sad to say I know chop suey words in Chinese love gau ghee min! Here is a Japanese love song that I really like.

Joe Riley and Lara Moss like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ah yes, Valentine's Day. February 14th and just a couple of days after Lincoln's birthday the three days after mine. A rather grand time of the year when sweethearts from around the world hold each other close and whisper the pledges of love that will last forever.

I remember my first Valentine's Day. I was 6 years old and had all of my Valentine's Day cards ready and waiting for the school festivities that were to happen that very day. I even had a small bag of candy hearts with which to hand out to every girl in my classroom.
    Yes, it was a great day especially because I had one very, very special card set aside for the love of my life. A card so wonderful and different from all of the rest of my cards I read it over and over putting the name of my hearts joy before the printed words, Linda "BE MY VALENTINE FOREVER". Linda! A beautiful name indeed and a name that would forever give me pause for rememberance for the rest of my earthly days.

Valentine's Day was going to be a great day, for today, I will finally talk to Linda. I was too shy and unpolished to talk to her all of the other days but that day I was armed with......a card with a mint candy scotch taped on the inside which would definitely show her my admiration and without a hint of doubt as to who's love she had attracted.

Now, outside and waiting on the corner for the school bus to appear I remember my heart pounding and the dusty dry feeling in my mouth. The questions starting coming: Do I hand it to her and kiss her or wait for her to embrace me in her loving arms? What does a young lad do at such a time?
    The bus.....the bus is here and the door is open waiting for me to climb the stairs that would lead to the rest of my glorious love filled life! Climb the stairs I did. Deliberate and steady I went. And there, three rows down at the right and next to the window with the sun shining on her silken hair, sat Linda.
    The seat next to her was empty!! What luck! I walked down the aisle thinking myself the proper groom and sat down next to her with my gift in hand.
    Shakily, I handed her the card without saying a word. She, also without saying a word, took it from my hand and read the front cover and then opened it and saw the mint. She looked at me with those glistened pools of blue and then........

Took her pencil out of little purse and stabbed me in the doggone leg with it!!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby, maybe cupid ran out of arrows???......:rolleyes:

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, Krissttina, two versions of the same song, "Forever More, Here Is Happiness". I liked them both!:)

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:You're very welcome!

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Love Train (the o'jays)

Lara Moss likes this.
  13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Moina & the Bass, My funny Valentine live - Voice and Bass
    music.gif

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Cross over the bridge!

Etsy-picks-London-love-print-Art-Shark-Designs.jpg

Ruby Begonia and Bonnie Thomas like this.