My Literary Daughter

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hal Pollner, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

She has degrees in English Literature and Creative Writing.

She's had 4 books of Poetry published, and although I'm proud of her for that achievement, I just can't get excited about poetry that doesn't RHYME! Give me Kipling or Jack London anytime!

She has now moved from Home Teaching at high school level into writing Advertizing Copy under contract for several agencies, and she's now flying around to attend conferences, or as a Speaker in writing workshops.

She is also a classical Violinist, performing with Orchestras and Chamber Music groups. She loves playing her Mandolin with Celtic folk groups, and she plays Electric Bass with her church music group

Her oldest daughter plays Piano, is studying German, and is learning "Signing" for the deaf..

She just turned 46 this month.

I just wonder if I had a Son, what he would be good at......

Hal (Here's Tania at 45)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I saw her on some tv program..Kera or something . Nice looking lady and photo. Multi talented for sure.

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Hal Pollner likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Occasionally, I realize I should have had a son. I have no one to transfer my life's technical experience over to. A daughter would have been less desirable. My friend Terry in Missouri, has 2 daughters. He is an avid hunter and afficionado of firearms; both girls have been raised as though they wereboys in that respect, being interested in guns and hunting. Mind you, I have no problem with girls liking anything unusual for their gender, but thinking back, never did I see any neighborgood girls playing "guns" with us boys.
    Frank