My Monopoly Game Winnings From Albertsons Supermarket

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Babs Hunt, May 29, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Every couple of years Albertson's offers customers a Monopoly game. We get free tickets to fill in the Monopoly board by shopping there. And you can win prizes from a million dollars, cars, college tuition, home makeovers, family vacation cash and so much more. You also win more tickets, free food, etc. My middle daughter and I always play this game because we both do some shopping at Albertsons. While I would not buy anything I didn't need to get these tickets to fill in the board, I do often get double tickets for the things I do need and buy regularly.

Each year since we have been playing we have never won more than free tickets and free food. This year we won alot of free food! :)

18 donuts or bagels (I got the donuts and delivered all but 4 to my grandkids)
    3 french breads
    a pack of hot dog buns
    a box of water crackers
    a box of pasta
    3 boxes of salt (great for our seafood boils)
    an 18oz jar of any kind of Smuckers jelly, jam, or preserves
    2 containers of sour cream
    2 blocks of cream cheese
    1 pkg of any shredded cheese
    1 box of kleenex tissues
    1 roll of 25ft foil
    1 box 100 sandwich bags
    1 bag of fresh salad fixings
    2 containers of Open Nature Greek Yogurt
    8 pieces of fried chicken from the Deli
    $5 off any U.S. Choice beef (I bought a pair of petite sirloin steaks for $5.45, so I only paid .45 extra)
    1 up to 2lb package Open Nature boneless, skinless chicken breasts

I also bought the few things I needed while I was there too and most of those things were on sale. When the Cashier finished adding up my total bill before she deducted the free stuff, the total was just shy of $180. When she subtracted all the free stuff and the coupons I had brought too...my total bill was $115. :)

This is the most we have ever won food wise and my daughter is never interested in the free food so I always get it. Next Monopoly game all 3 of my daughters will be playing along with me...maybe we will hit one of the biggie's next time. We all say we would be happy with the $10.000.00 Family Vacation money. And this is true. But I'm thinking big all the way next game and hope we win the Million Dollars! :)

Today as I put all the free stuff in my cart...I felt like I had won big time...and in a way I have. :)

P.S. This year you could also win other things like online cooking lessons, 101 free 4 by 6 prints of any of your pictures, these are two of the things I won also and since I have printed any pictures off for a while now I will use winning. And do an online cooking class to if anything interests me. :)

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

WOW..........cool!!

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My store is doing monopoly but Ive never played it.

I'm not interested in anything but the money but I always figured I won't win so never play.

Don't know how long it lasts or what's involved...probably too late to start now.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Our game is over for this year. In fact tomorrow is the last day you can even turn in your winning tickets for the free food. Each year they make the game better and better and I enjoy playing it whether I win or not. But it is fun to win free things and seeing the big smiles on my granddaughters faces this morning when I dropped a dozen donuts off to them was just priceless! :)

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think our game will be over too...it's been going on for awhile. Maybe next year! :)