My New Flute

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Bill Boggs, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

A Pennywhlltle is a Irish Tin Whistle. If I can give you an address where you can hear a tin whistle or penny whistle, hope it works:

A Norwegian gal, Sissel, is singing and and musical instruments featured are the violin and the Tin Whistle. Listen if you can.

I have an iMac computer. Thanks

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs , you did just fine with the video. It took me forever to get up the courage to figure it out myself.

What a beautiful sound your pennywhistle makes, and I'm going to post a video on what I found concerning the instrument. I will tag you so you can find it. It's where those of us that are interested in music go to share our love of it.

But for your information I'll tell how to find it as well. As you can tell I want to make sure you find us. When you hit the forum button, go to Movies and Entertainment. Then find "What Music Are You Listening To Today.

When you get there you'll find that I've posted quite a few videos of American Indians playing different kinds of flutes. I truly love them, I could listen to them 1/2 my time. I admit the other 1/2 is country.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks. Nothing wrong with any music you enjoy. I'm a country fan myself of the older stuff.

Joe Riley and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Hey @Bill Boggs , did you find us over in the music section. o_O

Do you read music, I never got to learn it.

P.S.: I'm happy that your feeling better, and now maybe we'll get to enjoy more of your company. :p :D

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs - that's a lovely video and I love the song, the sound of the music is 'so' Irish :)

Ina I. Wonder and Bill Boggs like this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

No, I don't read music. I'm a dunce when it comes to understanding music.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thank you, Lara. You make me sound like somebody. My son played a flute, (as well as the sax, steel guitar, bass, guitar).Always thought the sound of the flute so calming and steady as she goes. Hope you can still play.

9. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

You are definitely "somebody". I admire you for music and great posts here and for being a great dad. Your son sounds awesome.

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

My son is a teacher and plays many musical instruments. His son just graduated from High School, but before he graduated, he tried out for the University of Oklahoma's marching band and won a spot with the saxophone. He started to try out with the clarinet but decided he liked the sax better. He plays a piano beautifully, anything he wants to play. He has three guitars, one electric, two acoustic, He has one bass guitar. He has a natural talent. I'm envious of that boy. But then I remember his dad and his sister in junior high band. My daughter was struggling to earn first chair. She practiced faithfully. One evening my son came in and asked what she was trying to play. She said it was a new piece and was something of a challenge. He ask if he could see her clarinet a minute. He looked it over, studied her music a few minutes, then played it flawlessly. She almost threw the clarinet at him. His son is even better. I know it sounds like I'm bragging but you did mention music somewhere. (A smily would normally go here). Appreciate your comment, lady.

Joe Riley likes this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Sure does run in the family @Bill Boggs . I love the saxophone. There's one I like better than another...2 kinds right? I think it's tenor sax that I like best. That's a bit more mellow sound? Guess you can tell I'm on the other end of the spectrum of your family's musical talent and knowledge...but I sure love to listen to it.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Hi @Bill Boggs , Lara is right you are "somebody"! I think many of us had talents, but back in 'our times', music, art, and many other such talents were pretty much only available to those that could afford it.

That might be why you developed your writing talent. I think those of us from our generation learned to transfer our talents into whatever outlet we could. But talent will out itself where it can. :)

Bill Boggs and Lara Moss like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Actually, when the talent was passed out they skipped me. I have no musical talents. And when you get right down to it, I've always been short on the short end of any kind of talent. Some people are just that way.

Lara Moss likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

I'm rereading this and all I can think to say is, Gosh!

15. Bill Boggs

Registered

I might add here less so as not to leave an otherwise impression, I am not a musician. When that talent was past around, I must have been out of town and my younger brother was blessed. I play a harmonica but anyone can do that. All you have to do is pucker up your lips and blow. I remember somewhere ( maybe a gal in the movies) somebody said that about whistling.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.