My Time Is Valuable Also

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

This has been an irritation of mine for some time.
    I am tired of making appt. for something or someone who always seems to keep me waiting.
    When I make appt for something I am always about ten minutes early. That's on me.
    Regardless if it is a doctor, dentist, vet, financial advisor, you should not have to wait more than 15 mintues to be seen.After all your being charged just walking in the door in most cases. Costly .
    From now on I will inquire before hand how long might I have to wait. Think I will start by telling when I call for appt...
    Fyi I deduct ten dollars every 5 mintues I wait after 15 mintues.
    :)

Von Jones and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Herb Durant

Herb Durant Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Because of Covid my doctors appt are all on the phone that's even more of a pain in the...... the times are approximate .

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I share your irritation in having to wait when you have an appointment.

4. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

The worst part is when they call you into the back only 15 minutes late and you think "YAY! IT'S MY LUCKY DAY!!" And then you get to sit in a chilly examining room for 45 minutes, wearing nothing but a glorified paper towel, having been told "The doctor will be right in." Of course, they consider that "on time" because you're no longer in the waiting room.

The hospitals here have a few big billboards that show the waiting time in their emergency rooms. "YOUR WAIT TIME IS ONLY 12 MINUTES" the board trumpets, but once again, that's just to get checked in at the front desk. Once you get through those swinging doors, the clock starts all over again....

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I agree with you all. And its time we stopped being charged for waiting on them all the time.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, unfortunately, "waiting" is just a part of life, no matter how old a person is. Doctors and others, who need people to make an appointment, can get backed up in their schedule. A patient can take longer than their appointment was for and then........all patients can suffer from that.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh ...true but better appointment setting helps. Plus I find it irritating that the doctor isn't even there yet. And you have to ask most of time they won't tell you hes not.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Very true!

Or, like sitting and waiting for your vehicle to be finished with an oil change or something. You see your vehicle sitting in the parking lot, done, and you have to go and ask the Service Clerk "is my vehicle done yet?" and he/she says "I don't know, I'll check" Then, you see your paperwork is sitting on their desk and the vehicle sitting in the Finished area. Just to see how much attention the Service Clerk was doing, one time I kept track of how long our vehicle was sitting before we were told it was done. 30 minutes!

Peter Renfro and Hedi Mitchell like this.