My Winter Theme For 2020 - B&b

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Von Jones, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

After removing all my Fall decor once again I found myself sifting through my craft room to decorate my front porch for the season.

This year is different for I committed to a challenge by the electric provider in reducing my usage from last year. I'm happy to say that I did. So to reduce it even more I decided not to use the traditional plug in lights and go with solar lighting. So while I was scouring for treasures at the flea market I came across a couple of garden solar lights, one string bauble lights and two boxes of path lights which had 4 each all for a total of $15.00.

I loved these baskets so much that I decided to bring them out this year and used two of the solar path lights. I tried to upload a picture without the flash so the effect could be seen but it wouldn't upload. If you look closely though you can see them.

2020 winter holiday decorations 002.jpg

The next two photos are wreaths perched on metal 'trellis'' that I found curbside. I sanded and painted them white. The large ornaments I found at Goodwill for 99 cents each.

2020 winter holiday decorations 005.jpg

2020 winter holiday decorations 008.jpg

2020 winter holiday decorations 011.jpg

2020 winter holiday decorations 013.jpg

I was inspired by another thread I believe that was started by @Lon Tanner about 'doors' so I painted my doors to match the window. I was very pleased with the change.

A new look #1.jpg

A new look.jpg

2020 winter holiday decorations 014.jpg

So if you haven't guessed my theme :rolleyes: it's Bells and Bows. Merry Christmas everyone.

2020 winter holiday decorations 010.jpg

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks fantastic, Von... good job. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher, thank you.

Funny story. I fell asleep at my computer and Johnny didn't bother me. I woke up about 2:00 a.m. with all these ideas and just went with the flow. I was done with the pictures about 3:30 or 4:00 and was still wide awake. I tell you I'm still adjusting to the time change.o_O

Note: The door had been painted after I read @Lon Tanner's post.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I wasn't in the mood for decorating this year, so my only concession to Christmas was changing the wreath on the front door. :D

Bobby Cole and Von Jones like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Christmas is officially over at my place; the front door wreaths have been swapped. :D

Von Jones likes this.