Naïve People

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, Yvonne, but even the SIL's two daughters have told us they don't understand their mom many times. Actually, there must be "something" to what I've said about her, her own sister (my wife) and the brother feels the same way that I do............she's just very naïve.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Guess I should have talked about people in general that act naïve and not have mentioned the SIL. Sorry. However, she's really the only person I've ever known that was like that. And, none of you know her at all like her family, including her own sister (my wife) and brother knows her.

3. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

By the way, naivete is not a personality disorder. Some folks are really not aware of certain things in life. So, they ask these questions. Perhaps SIL knows she irritates you no end with her questions and is having some fun with you at your expense.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Funny, but the SIL called yesterday AM wondering where we'd been. "Did you go to Dodge City?" and I said "What???" Then she said, "oh, that's right, that's not until next July." I then told her that we shut both of iPhones off when we go to bed. She said "why do you do that?" and I said, "because we want to". She didn't like that answer! She said "I've tried calling you", BUT, our phones don't show her calling at all.

Then she said to me, "why don't I call you back when you're not so sarcastic and arrogant" and I said "guess you'll never talk to me again". I then said, "listen, I don't know what to tell you, this is just me and the way I am". Then, I said, "you don't know anyone that sort of dislikes your personality?" and she said, "no, everyone likes me". Sort of like what Goldie Hawn said to Kurt Russell in the movie Overboard........"everyone wants to be me".

I told my BIL, on a call to him, what his sister said and I would've sworn that he was going to fall on the floor laughing. He has a very similar personality to me, but never talks to his sister on the phone.

Both, wife and I, thought it was hilarious what her sister told me, "everyone likes me". I know she has to know that her own brother doesn't get along with her.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You want her to accept you the way you are so, accept the way she is and go on with your life.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry, nope! Bobby, haven't I ever told you that I'm a one-way guy? IOW, "accept me, but I don't have to accept you". Heck, her own sister and brother can't fully accept the way she is, so why would I have to???

7. Terry Coywin

Registered

Oh boy, your arrogance is beyond the pale Mr. Cody.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, that has to mean that my BIL and my wife are like me. Anyway, he likes my personality and my wife thinks I'm hilarious and loves my personality. "You are much more exciting and funny than either one of my previous husbands. I love it", she tells me.

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

So, as a one way guy, your one way is to follow the crowd? I guess that figures. A follower is always a follower until they decide to lead. Unfortunately, you haven’t made that decision yet.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh, your other SIL says that same thing about herself.

Terry Coywin likes this.
  11. Terry Coywin

Registered

What a insufferable threesome you guys must make. No wonder the SIL heckles you to death.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Arrogance does not become you Cody