Name The Top 3 Things You Are Thankful For This Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Babs Hunt, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

At our Thanksgiving gatherings we usually make a circle, hold hands and name one thing we are thankful for each year. Sometimes we get some pretty funny answers along with traditional ones of being thankful for family, etc.

One year my grandson said he was thankful his brother didn't sleep in the bed with him anymore and fart on him every night. We all cracked up at that one. :)

Can you name the top 3 things you are thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Here's me three things:

1. I'm thankful for my Family

2. I'm thankful that I'm healthy enough to care for myself and my spouse.

3. I'm thankful that I'm having to step out of my comfort zone in some areas of my life...as it is showing me that I am much stronger and braver than I thought I was.

To each of you I wish a very blessed and joy filled Thanksgiving. :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

1. family
    2. Healthy enough also.
    3. That I have a pretty stress free comfortable life. I stress about the small stuff but there are people in the world who have major problems.

My biggest stress was where and when to get my oil change!

Ina I. Wonder and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Every year, since meeting her, I'm thankful for my wife.
    Thankful that I'm healthy enough that I can take care of her if she is sick.
    Thankful that I'm still physically able to do boating and shooting.
    Even though we don't see them, thankful for my wife's family and that my brother and I talk on the phone at times.
    Thankful that we have enough money coming in to have a descent lifestyle.
    AND, thankful that I'm the kind of Christian man that my wife loves.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am thankful for my family most of all. Even though they also have health issues, all of my children are basically in good health, and I really like that i live here and am close to my daughter, Robin.

I am thankful that we live in an area where it does not get a lot of cold and snow in the winter, and even though it is cold here, it doesn’t get below zero here, and we only get snow once or twice in the winter, and sometimes not at all. When I lived in Idaho, I had snow to shovel almost every day, plus had to hire someone with a plow on their truck to clear the driveway when we got a heavy snowfall, or I had to park out near the road and walk up the driveway, so that I could get out to go to work the next day.
    Just not having to go to work is a blessing in itself.

I am thankful that our old stationwagon seems to just keep plugging along, although it scares me everytime we go somewhere. It chugs and sputters, and stops running every now and then; but it (so far) has always started again, and gets us there and back home again.
    Bobby is closer to getting the truck running, and then we can at least have a second vehicle if one of them stops.
    I never drive very far just in case; but I am very grateful to still have a vehicle.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am grateful for my very best friend, my husband.
    My health, cause his is not that good.
    And all the other normal things we should be thankful for. I am truly grateful that I am -well I assume at least- for my sound mind.
    For some reason hubby is off Thanksgiving Day-unusual for him. At first I wanted to go out to eat..but bought us some nice looking rib eyes
    and that is that we will have.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It looks like Robin is going to come over and have Thanksgiving dinner with us, and I am so happy about that ! I mentioned that I had bought a small turkey that I was going to cook for Thanksgiving, and asked if she wanted to come over and share it with us.
    Her reply (pure Robin) was “Will there be POTATO SALAD ? “
    So this afternoon, the turkey is thawing out, and I am chopping (with the new chopper she brought me) celery, pickles and onions for the potato salad while the potatoes and eggs (for the deviled eggs) are cooking on the stove.

BEBD4454-DA95-42E6-972B-FF26DB940079.jpeg

Ina I. Wonder likes this.