Netflix Now Has Released the Movie "Noah"

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Even though this is supposed to portray a Biblical event; it is more closely based on some of the other early creation and great flood stories. Apparently, a great deal of it was loosely taken from the Book of Enoch, which is an early record, but not included in the Bible.
    Since it is on netflix and we can watch it for free; we are going to watch it tonight and see what we think of the movie.
    Has anyone else seen Noah already, and , if so, what did you think about it ?

http://johnmhanna.com/?p=238

2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Is this the one with Russell Crowe? If so, it was pretty good, but not great. It's well worth watching, but I don't think that it accurately depicts the Biblical accounts. It had a lot of special effects and graphics and such that would appeal to the younger audience.

If it's another version, let me know, I'd be interested in watching it. Let us know how you like it!

3. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

The movie was created as entertainment and was never intended to be viewed as a documentary or as religious doctrine. No movie based on a Biblical or historical account has ever been made without making changes to the original text, just as a movie adaptation of a novel can never be the same as the book.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, Mal; it was the Russell Crowe movie. My perception of the movie was about the same as yours. I enjoyed watching it; but it would never be included in a list of my favorite movies.
    I think that most of the movies that are made about something written in the Bible are not going to be exactly the same as the Biblical account. This is pretty much the nature of a movie, they take facts (when it is made from real life, like Titanic) and then make them into a story that people will watch and enjoy.
    Once again, they seem to portray both God and Noah as pretty much being heartless. God wants to kill everyone, and Noah thinks that all men were supposed to die in the flood, and he is just there to save the animals. If God just wanted to wipe out humanity and leave the animals, He could have easily done that by sending a disease that only affcted mankind; He didn't have to flood the world.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I know this is an old thread and an old movie, but I just watched Noah today. Honestly I thought it was pretty cheesy, especially those "watchers" that were just silly. Too much fantasy for me, and not at all what I expected. (Though I liked Anthony Hopkins as Methuselah.)

6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Netflx recently bought the now defunct Fort Monmouth which is next door to where my son lives in Eatontown. They have their work cut out in clearing all that toxic material from that base.

Beth Gallagher likes this.