New Issue With Amazon

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Tony Nathanson, Jul 8, 2024.

1. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've been ordering medical supplies from Amazon for many years - mostly glucose testing supplies. With a recent order, I encounted a strange problem. I got an e-mail saying my signature was required for delivery of medical goods. (No drugs; just glucose test strips). I found this so silly, I thought it had to be an error. Deliveries are made between morning & 10:00 pm. So...I'm expected to sit outside all day so I can sign for the package when it arrives?
    It wasn't a mistake. I got an e-mail on the day of delivery saying, "The package wasn't delivered because no one signed for it." (No one came to the door)
    I phoned Amazon's customer service & the employee told me to choose a time when I can sign for delivery the next day. I said, "OK, how about 10:00 am?" Well, I waited outside from 10 - 11 am & no one showed up.
    That evening, I got another e-mail saying "Delivery was attempted at 3:00 pm but no one was there to sign for it." (Again, no one came to the door). Apparently, their drivers just say, "We tried but couldn't deliver the package."
    I told them to just cancel the order & I ordered it from Walmart. (no signature required).

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wonder what Amazon's concern is? And I've had similar experiences with UPS and signatures. I don't think the driver even bothers to show up.

I had a weird issue with a medical supply house that I use. I tried to order large needles that attach to a large 50cc catheter syringe in order to draw in meds to be mixed with sterile water. They called me and asked if they were for (a) medical use, (b) hobby use, or (c) recreational [drug] use. When I said "medical use," I was told I would need a script. I did not ask if I could order them without a script if I admitted to being a junky.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember us signing a Fed X shipment for computer/screens that were sent to my wife when she started her "at home" job for a company. However, can't remember one time signing anything that Amazon delivered. Then again, if the item/items are being bought from Amazon website, but not sold directly by Amazon, the company that Amazon is delivering for can ask for a signature.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

That's a good point. Lots of stuff ships directly from vendors, who may have been ripped off so many times they require signature 100% of the time.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Amazon has recently gone into more medical supplies, and even online doctor appointments. You can order your medications from Amazon now. So, when they started doing actual medications, they might have updated their delivery instructions for everything medical.
    We don’t get anything except vitamins that might be considered medical from Amazon, so we have never had any issues with deliveries.

6. John Brunner

I wonder if the issue might not be with UPS. I signed up for a free account with them that gives me email notifications of package progress, and allows me to Track-the-Truck on delivery day.

100% of their status notifications say Signature Required, even though it never has been. Perhaps their system sometimes adds it without the shipper requiring it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.