New Member Saying Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nancy Hart, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course I remember you, @Frank Sanoica.

I bet you don't remember the conversation about the player piano. You said you took one apart once. That is memorable.

Can't remember whether you put it back together or not. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Ken Anderson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska, thank you for the welcome.

The only job our goats had was to clear brush, and they did it very well. We had 6 Saanans (white), 5 Nubians, and 3 mixed breed, just north of Athens.

I'm at the tail end of my goat days. There is only one left right now, a 14 year old mixed breed wether. Goats can be real characters, can't they?

(Sorry, still haven't figured out how to quote yet. I'll get there)

Ken Anderson and Joe Riley like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Nancy Hart
    Jiminy, Nancy! I can't even imagine someone astute enough to remember that detail, much less connect it with a faceless entity in the ether-net, having a different name!

Right you are! Now (gasp) please don't reconnect my (good?) standing here with any of the un-chivalrous activity I was accused of there! Ha!

Yep, as a kid of about 8, or 10, I ripped apart one of the two player pianos in our basement. I distinctly remember my Mother paying $15 for one of them. Why we needed even one, I had no idea! Except that my sister, by then gone socially "astray", had taken piano lessons before I was born. There remained behind an array of rubber tubing, wooden strips, keyboard parts, strings, bellows, and goodness knows what all else! Evidently, such an act of barbarism was understandable to my folks, who by then knew my hunger for understanding was insatiable.

Now, let me ask you if you have any recollection of the kid of 14 who nearly blew himself up in the basement? I'm sure that potent story was posted back there, as I unwittingly sought to vindicate childhood mis-deeds.

Thank you so much for bringing that up! I truly hope you were not one of those ladies I so fancied that I intruded into the fancies of via PMs..........

Gosh! What a fool I was, and am. Here I am, now, for the first time in rememberable history, gutting myself before (presumably) some members who do NOT know.......how fortunate they be......

Seriously, I am remarkably appreciative of your post. Frank

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Nancy, if you click on "reply" the quotes will be included in your reply.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

hey nancy----welcome from georgia

Nancy Hart likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome, Nancy.

Nancy Hart likes this.