New Members

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lois Winters, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

In checking the member site, I see that we've had 12 new members join in the past 10 days, yet, Chelly is the only one who has introduced herself and shared some of her talents with us. Please do come forth and say hello, so that we may welcome you all properly and assist you in any way in navigating our great forum. We can have fun on here. We are not problem solvers by any means, but we are a great support group as well.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, there have been folks join this forum for other reasons, of which do not include socializing. I've been with this forum long enough to know/understand this. People have a way of joining any forum for things that a forum wasn't intended for.

Just saying.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have run a few forums over the years, and the percentage of people who join but never participate is typical of forums. Not only do they not participate, but a large percentage of them never return after registering.

Micki Pembroke and Lois Winters like this.
  4. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Here here Lois. I was also of a mind to post something similar. But figured the recipient newbies will not see it. I have sent almost all those new members a welcome personal conversation and only two replied. I also asked all 12 new members to introduce themselves.

5. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

I visit everyday....sometimes I just don't know what to say

6. Lois Winters

Registered

That's ok, Teresa, not everyone does have a lot to day. Some people are inherently shy around new people. There are many topics on here, I never have anything to say about either.

Emily Brown and Micki Pembroke like this.
  7. Craig Wilson

Registered

I hope you begin to feel more comfortable Teresa? Admittedly I was a little like that at first.. but this place grows on you very quickly. I now regard it as my home away from home. Boy that sounds lame.. but it is the truth.

Teresa Levitt and Micki Pembroke like this.
  8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Rebroadcast as a public service for our new members.

Are you feeling tired? Listless? Bored? Lonely?

Has your get up and go got up and went? Is the most excitement in your life watching Granny darn Grandpa’s socks? Have your hemorrhoids flared up? Do you have bad breath? Athlete’s foot? Ladies, is your love life so desperate that you wrote your phone number on the wall in the men’s restroom? Men, have you considered calling a dating service?

Well, my friends, you have come to the right place! Yes, sir, I’m telling you we have the cure for all your troubles! Right here on this board! All you have to do is join. And, for an unlimited time, it’s totally free! Join now and give us just a few minutes a day and all your troubles will vanish! Men, you will have a body that men will respect and women will admire. Women, other women will be jealous of your looks and intelligence. But hurry, remember this offer is only good for an unlimited time! Join now!
    It's absolutely free!

9. Craig Wilson

Registered

Lois Winters likes this.
  10. Ron Pearson

Ron Pearson Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm new here. I am a retired teacher; sixth grade, mostly. Although I have been doing some tutoring, things have gone awry with the schools lately, as you know. I don't know how often I will log in here or whether I'll be prolific as a member but it looks good. I know I'll be back.

11. Ron Pearson

Ron Pearson Well-Known Member
    Registered

Apparently, I was in the process of doing so while you were writing.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Welcome to the forum, @Ron Pearson. Please join us as often or as seldom as you like. We'd prefer the former, of course, but we can't always get what we want. Please look around, and join in on anything that interests you.

Ron Pearson and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  13. Craig Wilson

Registered

Ron I also left you a personal conversation asking the same. Pleased you have good first impressions of us @Ron Pearson..

Ron Pearson likes this.
  14. Lois Winters

Registered

This says it all, Ron. You can be as prolific as you choose. Not every topic here will appeal to you. Certainly one would not expect that. However, do give a shout out when you are so moved to do so and again, welcome.
    welcome61.jpg

Ron Pearson likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Does this mean that we will now be “Home-schooling”, since we suddenly have a teacher among us ?
    Kidding you, but welcome to the forum, @Ron Pearson !