News Of The World

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I stumbled onto a new author. Pauline Giles. She lives out west of San Antonio. I found her because she wrote a western novel last year called, News of the World. Pauline is not or has not been a western writer but I hear tell News of the World is being considered for a movie. Good for her. I haven't read the western novel yet but I hope to soon. I awoke at two-thirty this morning, having already slept three and a half hours. I picked up my mini iPad I keep on a bedside stand, opened it up and typed into Google, News.... News of the world jumped up. I didn't know if it was news content or something on that book Giles wrote. Actually it was a blog published by Giles. I read until six. She almost made me want to start blogging again, only blogging differently. I bookmarked her blog. After all, anything that can inspire me is worth a quick read, I figure. I hope to read more of her in the coming weeks.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Registered

I need to correct myself. I wrote the above depending on my outstanding memory which is slowly depleting itself.
    On top of that or maybe in cahoots with it, I have depended on myself for spell checking for I was once a good speller.
    Everyone in the family came to me asking, 'dad, how do you spell so and so?' If truth be known I also misspelled a
    couple of words in the above post, It is Paulette Jiles, not Pauline Giles. But that's only a difference of one sliver of
    chocolate pie. Almost correct. Anyway I didn't want to mislead on something so important. Yeah. And just a thought,
    it won't be long until a writer anywhere in this country won't be able to publish anything unless it is publishedby Amazon,
    things keep going like they are going. Maybe text books. It's going to be like Walmart's destruction of allthe small mom
    and pop stores in some parts of the country.

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

We all have our preferences in what kind of news reporting we prefer...some like theirs with a Conservative slant (like me), and Liberal or unbiased is preferred for others.

So tell me...basically, do you like "Award-Winning" news or the unheralded variety?

Harry

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I too like my news with a conservative slant. I do occasionally read NYTimes and WashPost if the article interests me but I NEVER watch any left leaning networks.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Registered

This News of the World is not news; it is a western novel. News of he World is soon to be made into a movie, and rumor has it Tom Hanks will have the starring role. I have bought the book and have read the first page and then I got puny. I am looking to read the book because Ms Jiles has written some other books that look promising and I am a reader of western novels and I try to ferret out the good stories, which in itself can be a challenge.