No Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Hannah Davis, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I guess I saw this coming but it was still blow to have happen. Yesterday my Internet connection went down and didn't come back. After talking to the customer service department of my Internet provider it turns out the Modem went dead. This didn't come as a surprise really because we were having a whole lot of issues with the Internet in the past few months such as it running slow and not picking up the signal in certain areas of the house.

Anyway, according to customer service it would take three to five days before a new modem would be delivered to us. So, how am I online, well lets just say I found an alternative although this is only temporary at best. So, now I am waiting for my Internet to come back. I guess there are some good news here, we won't be charged for the new modem and they will credit us for the amount of time we are down so we won't have to pay for it.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I use my Verizon hotspot as my connection. However, modems aren't terribly expensive.

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

three days ?? you in a rural area ?? I have Time Warner but they have branch stores all over the metro. including one close to me. i just had a modem upgrade and took my old one and exchanged it for the new one in about 20 mins.

4. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Damn, that must be really tough. I, for one, know that if I were to be left without Internet, the days it would take them to repair it would be the most tedious days of my life. Seriously, I don't even know what I did before the Internet!