Not In Iowa, You Don't

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Ike Willis, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oooooh I read that link and the others about Iowa too.....and now I want to move to IOWA.....:D:D:D

I've bookmarked that site so I'll be checking out all the other US states later.. :)

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Although I make the statement that I am from Louisiana, I was actually born in Davenport, Ia. We traveled quite a bit but I somehow managed to go to junior high for a year and a year in high school in the quad cities.

When I was in high school I did some work for one of the local farmers, Mr. Rostenbach, during harvesting season. He had a few hogs and a few cattle but his main harvest was feed corn, with a few acres of sweet corn thrown in.
    I got paid $5.00 a day plus lunch, and sometimes dinner to help out wherever his son, Larry would point out what needed to be done. It was derned hard work but I do have to say it was one of the happier times I had when I was a young man and some experiences I will never forget.

When I think back, I must have been a pretty good worker because on my last day, the old man not only gave me my pay but he threw in 500 Yankee Boy fire crackers to boot! A dream come true in Iowa, because fire crackers were soooooo illegal at the time. Woo Hoo.......light em' up!!!

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. No offense, but before checking the link, when I read the title/post the first thing to come to mind re: Things Not To Do In Iowa was 'reply to the question "So, where are ya from?" by naming a certain state on the east coast...' Have never received a pleasant response to the answer!!!