November: Native American Heritage Month

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I will first say this...….we have really missed the Indian Pow-Wow that took place in Denver, Colorado. The Fancy Dancers and all of the other Indian attire was terrific to see.

We seen Fancy Dancers when we visited the Crazy Horse Monument in South Dakota.

I've studied the Indian Nations and the Indian Wars, which included the Chiefs: Sitting Bull, Red Cloud, Crazy Horse, Geronimo and others.

I recently watched a documentary about the re-creation of the battle at The Little Big Horn in Montana.

I've also seen many Native American actors and actresses, like: Graham Greene, Jay Silverheels, Steve Reevis, Rodney A. Grant, August Schellenberg, Iron Eyes Cody, Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman, Wes Studi, Karina Lombard and others. Movies: Dances With Wolves, Last of the Dogmen and other Western movies and tv shows.

Congratulations to all Native Americans for having a month devoted to you!

Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I was starting to wonder if anyone here even knew what Native Americans were. LOL

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Our state has a large proportion of Natives here. They were petitioning the government to designate the Friday after Thanksgiving to be Native American Day, but I believe they were refused.