Now Invokana Has Issues???

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hannah Davis, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Seriously I want to know what kind of clinical trials the FDA places new drugs into before putting them on the market. Now Invokana joins the long list of those new drugs that came out on the market in the past ten years that now have lawsuits being filed against it. For those of you who haven't heard Invokana it was suppose to be a new drug to help treat type 2 diabetes. Its now been linked to serious medical conditions including kidney failure.

I know that when we see these commericials for these new drugs that the warnings are there about such things happening. But we are led to believe that these sort of side effects are less common then others. Yet it would seem that with this drug and say Xaralto (remember that one the blood thinner, now known for killing people more then helping them) the so called uncommon side efffects seem to be more common.

It seems with everyday I see a new commercial for law firm filiing a law suit against another drug. Yet, my doctor wonders why I am leery about taking anything new or about taking the medication I am already under.

http://www.1800baddrug.com/_prescription-drug-cases/invokana.php?gclid=CKeg5_Sf28YCFQtqfgodFD0GUQ

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have taken Xarelto for almost three years now, with no problem. The only thing they warn you about with it, is the posssibility of bleeding. Any blood thinner that you take is going to put you at risk for bleeding.
    Since I had a-fib, and my heart did not put the blood out right, there was a strong chance of a clot and it causing me to have a stroke.
    First they put me on coumadin (warfarin/rat poison), and with that you have to watch what you eat, and get tested all of the time in case your blood gets too thin or too thick.
    Then, I was accepted into a test group for apixiban , and took that for 2-3 years. After the test ended, my cardiologist put me on Pradaxa, which was similar, and already on the market.
    Both of these work by making your blood slippery so it does not clot. You just take it every day, and do not have to worry about the blood getting too thin or thick, like you do with coumadin.
    After the heart procedure last summer, they switchd me to Xarelto , which works in the same way, but I only take it once a day.
    Since my heart has been out of fibrillation for almost a year, they should take me off of it completely in August.

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Just make sure you are taking Omega fatty acids to stop any chance of blood clots The FDA had to admit in court that fatty acids work in stopping blood clots.
    Have fun stay healthy

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

The drugs that are suppose to help you seem to make more of a problem than a cure. I was prescribed one of the drugs for high cholestral which I did not take and I am so happy I did not take the medicine now that it is reported it may be the cause of some people now having diabetes. I lost weight and watch what I eat, more fruit and vegetables.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

If you take all drugs and remove the antibiotic from the list which accounts for little. All the other do not cure anything they only manage the symptoms of the ailment. Managing symptoms is what the medical system wants to do because they will always have costumers. Curing is bad for business.