Obama's Nuclear Iran Deal

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lara Moss, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

The Iran Nuclear Deal has been signed and sanctions have already been lifted for Iran. How much more damage can this man do before he's finally out of office? Here's an excerpt from The Washington Post on just how bad this deal was. It's shocking.

This is a dramatic change in the administration’s position and a foolish one. We know, as former secretaries of state Henry Kissinger and George P. Schultz have warned, snap-back sanctions are cumbersome and hugely ineffective. Sanctions once lifted are enormously difficult to reinstate after Western powers have commenced doing business. Inspections (not even of the go everywhere/anytime variety) are never full proof and the parties contemplate a system designed for endless wrangling about whether violations have occurred.

"….But wait. It gets worse. The Wall Street Journal reports: “The Obama administration estimates Iran has between $100 billion and $140 billion of its oil revenue frozen in offshore accounts as a result of sanctions. U.S. officials said they expect Tehran to gain access to these funds in phases as part of a final deal. Iran could receive somewhere between $30 billion and $50 billion upon signing the agreement, said congressional officials briefed by the administration.” That would be a huge boost to Iran’s economy, given up front and with no evidence of compliance. The monies of course will be instantly available to fund terrorist activities and Iranian surrogates in Yemen, Syria and elsewhere.

“[Obama] is willing to grant Iran access to funds that equate to about 10% of its GDP just for signing a deal. That percentage boost is equivalent to a $1.7 trillion injection into the U.S. economy today (which is twice the dollar amount of the 2009 stimulus package),” explains JINSA CEO Michael Makovsky. “This was a terrific present to Iran for its Army Day celebration on Saturday, when the regime showed off some of its weapons to slogans of ‘Death to America’ and ‘Death to Israel.'” He adds, “Equally dismaying was Obama’s minimization in the same press conference of Russia’s announcement to sell S-300 surface-to-air missile batteries to Iran, which will make a military strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities much harder. Perhaps Obama was trying to save face by this Russian move, and/or perhaps he no longer opposes the Russian sale because it will make it harder for Israel to spoil the nuclear deal through military action.”

Here's the full article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...give-iran-anything-and-everything-for-a-deal/

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I too would like things to be different about many things, but can't forget the looks on released people from Iran either in the news:

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that we are ALL happy to see our fellow Americans being released and brought back home again, @Krissttina Isobe . However, each time another country gets paid off for kidnapping , holding and torturing our people; then they are that much more motivated to do this kind of thing again.
    Paying the other countries off and giving them all they ask and more, seems to be the only way that our president responds to these situations, when he responds at all.
    If he had even tried to have them released by taking away something that Iran wanted, as opposed to giving them something they wanted, we would have still had our prisoners returned to us, and we would have done it from a position of authority and power (as America should do) as opposed to looking and acting weak in front of the whole world.

I hope that if we elect a more authoritive president, that he will know how to handle these issues better than our current president does.
    Every time that Obama pays off a country for kidnapping our people, they are only motivated to capture and hurt more of our Americans overseas; which is NOT the result what we want from this !

Sheldon Scott and Lara Moss like this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Well I understand what you're saying. The things you're saying was done and the pitiful political prisoners were suffering, and the Iranian people were suffering for something that the best way is diplomacy. Before no one would come to the negotiation table for any reason. Thank God everyone began to stick to a more peaceful way and more diplomatic way of solving the stale mate that no one was winning. The Cuban situation and Iran situation was a genuine piece of futuristic diplomacy that Sec. State Kerry, and the United Nations together that it began and went to a superb way as it did because everyone won. Our gas prices are very good now too, the prisoners are safe and coming home to their families and war averted plus Iran is not going to build nuclear weaponry. Iran like North Korea when those children was rescued by former Pres. Clinton, are two nations with different kinds of language, different temperament, different customs yet belong to the United Nations like America belong to the United Nations. Bullying gets nothing but a name for you now are a bully trying to tell the world I'm right and everyone else is wrong. North Korea was in the right imprisoning the children who broke their laws and was imprisoned for it. Along comes former Pres. Clinton, not you not me, but a former Pres. saved the children who broke N. Korea's laws. N. Korea and Iran have laws. If another strategy of might and right like a bully of sanctioning that was being used was wrong in the first place, in my book, for the prisoners were taken because they broke Iran laws, so in a court of law America would loose and America was loosing anyway because they resorted to bullying by sanctioning a country that did no wrong but imprisoned people who broke their laws. Gas prices sky rocketed, the prisoners were not being freed whose families were suffering along with the imprisoned, now Iran was accused of building nuclear weapons and everything was going in a path of very dangerous proportions for Iran and America both have allies that began to choose sides. Now diplomacy to bring it to an area where everyone wins for bullying people in the international arena when you're wrong with sanctioning, had to end. The world doesn't like sanctioning any longer and when you're wrong and you sanction is very terrible. If at the beginning everyone was brought to the negotiating table before sanctioning began instead of sanctioning would have been ideal. Alas it didn't happen. Thus fast forward till today, the United Nations brought America and Iran together in this diplomatic way to solve the ever escalating situation now solved thanks to all concerned.

Authoritarians can be seen as a dictator who believes only they are right like crazy Adolf Hitler was. Did you watch Hunting Hitler at history channel? If a Pres. of America keeps on going the path that did not work and seems to go toward war and puts children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren into harms way time after time without end and don't forget America has no more oil, thus diplomacy is the best way. Our Earth is in a delicate way nature wise with the 2 big epochs going on of Earth's orbit nearest to the Sun and the north and south pole moving brings so much unpredictable weather too. Why jeopardize Americans with war in a time that many countries have nuclear weapons, Earth is right in the path of uncertain weather with a country that has oil? What if the political prisoner was your husband what would you like Pres. Obama to do at the United Nations? Be authoritative or diplomatic? We both have families with children, would you like our Pres. to go towards war or diplomatic peace? We live in very wonderful times when all leaders are peaceful. If you disagree, it's okay too, for we are colleagues who have different point of views.

In the Bible there is a quote about peacemakers:

"The Beatitudes
    8"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. 9"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.10"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.…"

* Mathew 5:9
    http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-9.htm

*Earth's Magnetic Field Flip Could Happen Sooner Than Expected
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...field-flip-could-happen-sooner-than-expected/ .

*Aphelion and Perihelion
    http://geography.about.com/od/learnabouttheearth/a/milankovitch.htm

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do appreciate your stance Krissttina and your willingness to endorse the actions of the Mr. Kerry and the U.N.
    One thing that I see as the most definitive portion of your statements is that you do indeed use your heart when you discuss things in a political arena that are filled with dangerous areas which demand facts rather those things born of a peaceful soul such as yourself.

To start, would you please define the "children" a little better that Mr. Clinton saved from N. Korea. All I have is that two female journalists, Ms. Lee and Ms. Ling, who just happened to work for "Current TV" owned by Al Gore were captured on the Chinese/N.Korean border in 2009. They were charged with entering the country illegally. Bill Clinton did go to N. Korea and secure their release at the behest of Hillary and Al Gore but there is nothing I can find that indicates Clinton saved some children.

The U.S. has no present shortage of oil Krisstina no thanks to our present Executive Branch who still wants to shut the oil fields down. Matter of fact, one of the tenets of the latest omnibus bill now allows the U.S. to export oil to other countries. If we didn't have it, how could we export it?

Sanctions are a way of countries world wide to enact some kind of peaceful punishment on another country for wrong doing. In the U.S. when a sanction is placed on another country it means we will not buy any of their products nor sell any of ours to them unless it is so heavily taxed it cannot be bought easily.
    The main sanction placed on Cuba for all of these years is that we (as Americans) could not buy Cuban Made Cigars. The tobacco industry of Cuba is such that not being able to sell to the U.S. cost them BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS in country wide revenue over the years. The reason? Do you not remember the Cuban Missle Crisis and the Bay of Pigs incident? They were getting ready to wage nuclear war with the U.S. with the U.S.S.R. as their largest ally and supplier.

The Iran sanctions? Again, NO TRADING by America with Iran. Do you not remember the hostage incident during the Carter administration? The U.S. embassy in Iran had been taken by force by the Iranian government. The only people who were held in the end were those people of color and women who decided to stay with the all White Male American hostages. Everyone BUT, the White Male Americans were offered freedom to leave.
    Check out the latest hostages........what laws did they break? It should be around somewhere but there are no definitive charges because they were hostages. Hostages that cost 1.7 Billion dollars and 7 prisoners (who broke the law) to get back. Good trade huh? Uh, the 1.7 billion was American taxpayer money not the money that was frozen by the U.N.

In answer to one of your questions Krissttina. If I knowingly broke a law in another country my wife knows that I will take my lumps because I take full responsibility for my own actions. There's nothing she could do or say that would change my mind. Uh........did you know it is illegal to GIVE a Bible away to a Chinese citizen in China? I do now. I found out the hard way and paid for it!

Sheldon Scott likes this.