Obesity 101

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Obesity understood

The medical system wants to make this so complicated that you don’t try and figure it out to make money on it by calling it a disease.

Overweight made easy to understand.

If your body was running low on water it would cause you to drink even if what you were going to drink was unhealthy. This can be seen by alkaline [poison] water holes where you see dead animals or sailor who drink salt water trying to survive and they know but can’t resist drinking .

If your body needs rest it will cause you to go to sleep. This will happen even when you don’t want to like a driver falling asleep behind the wheel of a car. You can fight it or take drugs but n time you will lose.

These are easily accepted and understood but when it comes to overweight people they think it is different but it is not because that what they have been told.

When your body gets mineral deficient the body will force you to get them usually by eating and you will be driven by hunger until the body gets what it needs. This is known by the people selling foods like Lays potato chips saying I bet you can’t just eat one.

In the veterinarian medicine they know when a cow, horse or other animals starts eating none food things they give them a salt block [mineral block] and the problem goes away. A pregnant woman finds herself having cravings because the child inside is using up all the minerals so the body has to replace them. There is a disease called pica doctor say it is rare but I say no. Pica see people eating none foods like light bulbs or the stuff in the kitty litter licking paint off the walls. If there were eating potato chips or French fries, ect. They would not call it pica but it really is.

Yvonne Smith and Allison Schuck like this.
  2. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

Martin this is a very interesting post. One that makes sense to me. Thank you.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Obesity is complicated in the modern world because food is no longer simple. I understand your point on cravings, there are people that even though they eat and appear to be overweight- are in fact actually nutritionally starved. It is easy to think they got that way by just eating to much, but studies are starting to prove the things that people feared long ago And that is that there are food additives and chemical things that are effecting folks on the metabolic level. It is a sad fact that many of the foods in the super market have very little if any nutritional value. You might be better off eating the cardboard box instead.

Although off topic, I do think this is one of the areas that health care should focus on. I am not saying that Michele Obama's opinion on our school lunches are right, or that what someone is allowed to eat should be regulated, you want a large soda you should be able to get it. I just wish there was more factual information given to the young and old alike on the results of ingesting certain compounds and chemicals on long term health. I suppose it is out there if you look, but what kid wants to research a better alternative to sugar laden cereal that taste good? and what parent cares if the price is right and the kid eats it?

My father used to go on and on about the fact I drank Pepsi, his position it was the sugar that was an issue. It took a very long time before it was clear just what the effect on people was metabolically. By that time sugar as we had known it in this beverage is now a chemical concoction that is probably one of the leading causes of type two diabetes. Add GMO's to the mix, pretty frightening if you ask me.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

In 1935 senate document # 264 told the government that the soils in the US where mineral deficient and it was a serious health problem and nothing was done. The problem has gotten worse over the years. Your medical system will say just eat healthy and you will get every thing you need this lie has made everyone sick. For example one apple in 1950 had so much iron now you would have to eat 26 to get the same amount of iron. Sorry to say that to be guaranteed to get the minerals we need and supplementing might be the only way.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am overweight but not obese yet so I still have a chance to have a voluptuous figure, hahahaaa. Seriously though, I have a former colleague who retired from work at the age of 50. Her reason was to savor life while she's still young - going to places and eating what she wants. They are financially secure so she could afford that. But the drawback is... she got fat and fatter until she became obese. From my estimation, she used to weigh 120 lbs - quite fat for a 5-foot woman - now she is about 300 lbs. She walks like a penguin for she couldn't step wide enough because her thighs are bumping with each other. At 70 years now, she is using a cane to support her walking. But she still looks great and vibrant despite the obesity.

6. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

However many times obesity is not associated to food but to genetic and glandular causes.

There are people that being obese don't know why because they kill themselves not eating at all throughout the day or excising intensively and yet being overweight.

If my memory serves me good, this condition is called morbid obesity, and requires medical treatment to achieve results losing weight.

7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I am obese. No longer obese to the second power or something because I have dropped thirty pounds. Soon I hope to merely be over-weight. I sometimes use a cane to walk but if I am walking further than to pick up the morning paper, I use a walker. What caused my obesity? Other than poking too many calories in my mouth and becoming almost totally inactive, I wouldn't have a clue. Well, maybe I do. I tried out some good European breads and came home thinking I could bake bread like what I had eaten abroad. I experimented with different flour, mixing different ingredients, different yeasts. With some good results. After six months I determined the Italians could make better bread in four hundred year old brick ovens than I could. The French and the Germans, whatever they baked their bread in, I couldn't touch it. But after six months of trying to be their equal, and eating my results, I gave up cooking. I haven't cooked a thing since but one fried egg, in all these years. Look at me. I was afraid if I continued on I would have to put in special widened doors to get in and out of the house. I am working on downsizing with good results, but I've some pounds to go.

8. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Obesity is not genetic if it were where did this gene come from when 100 years ago everyone was thin. the person [Watson& Crick] who found how the genes work and got a Nobel Prize for it said that you can sequence 100,000 people genes and not cure one problem because they are all environmental. The new study of epigenetics is explaining all these so call genetic diseases.
    Morbid obesity this is another in the long line of the medical system coming up with a disease that can not be cured by their treatments so they call in the surgeons to correct a mistake GOD made ha ha . The medical system have fun putting names on things and then saying there is no cure so they can treat your symptoms for your whole life it is good for business. There are people who have problem with the thyroid and have a weight problem but even this can be treated and reversed.
    The medical system is a failure in treating any disease that does not need antibiotics or surgery'

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Brittany Houser likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I hadn't thought about it that way.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Just read a natural health web site and they said that obesity was the cause of diabetes, heart problems, and cancer. The answer they had was to exercise and eat healthy.

Diabetes is a chromium deficiency disease known for 70 years.
    Some cancers linked to a deficiency of selenium. Cardiomyopathy [heart attack] is a selenium deficiency also called Keshan disease known for 100 years. All these diseases are linked to mineral deficiencies and so is obesity. You can exercise all you want and it will not give the minerals you need , you can eat all the so called right foods but there is no guarantee the minerals will be there. Even doctor Mercola who is quite knowledgeable misses the mark.
    As people become obese it is a sign that they are mineral deficient and all the diseases linked to those deficiencies show up; surprise surprise.
    It is not the obesity causing all of these diseases; it is what is causing the obesity is what is causing all these problems. They are missing the obvious and think they have found the problem.

11. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I am about 30 pounds overweight, and have been that way since I developed thyroid disease some years ago. Even with the medicine I take, it doesn't help with my weight problem. I have heard that there are ways to "heal" the thyroid, and cause it to function normally. I wish I knew some that really worked. Great posts Martin!

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Brittany for the body to fix anything it needs the proper nourishment and this is difficult to find in our foods. I am not selling this but I have found personally that what Dr. Wallach of the [dead doctors don't lie] book and tour. What he talks about and promotes works. I personally had a list of medical problems as long as your arm and now they are all gone along with 70 lbs.and regrown a 1/4 inch in height.

13. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

You are right about our foods Martin. I am going to check out that book by Dr. Wallach! It sounds amazing. Also congrats to you on your success! Thanks for the tip.

14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I have most of his books and learned to help many people who have problem that their doctor could not help them.
    When you learn everything starts to become simple. Your body has been trying all your life to keep you healthy all it needs is the tools to do it.

15. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered