Obstacles In Writing

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Avigail David, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Now I've got a bit of de-cluttering, dishes, kids at the playground (at the moment) out of the way. And I'm sitting on this bench in the sun. I'm in my special place in "my" space and time wih my Tablet and bluetooth keyboard. Sounds ethereal for a busy witing mom. I think our family's day-to-day experiences aren't obstacles to the things I enjoy doing most, which is, writing. Though, often, it feels that way. Life is too short. Life is too wonderful to shut my childen and happiness out my writing life.

They'll be my characters, monsters and heroes in my stories.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't have a bluetooth keyboard so I can't use a tablet outdoors for writing. I can think about what to write when I'm enjoying some fresh air and have often come up with ideas for writing when away from home.

I prefer to do my actual writing at home, where I can't be distracted and I don't have kids or clutter to worry about. I make time to go outside every day so I can have some physical exercise and refresh my mind by getting close to nature. That way I can return to my writing jobs and complete them more easily.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The obstacles in my writing is my office job, hahahaaa. Work has been hectic for the past 5 years and sometimes I am thinking of retiring so I can enjoy life. But don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying life because I have peace of mind when I am at home. But sometimes I have to work even at home when I get calls from the office.

I am not really fond of writing but now that I have been into internet forums, that gave me an insight that writing is indeed a way of expressing your thoughts and that's a good outlet for emotions. So I guess I am beginning to love writing. As for my planned blog.. not now, hahahaaa.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I prefer to write sitting at my desk despite my computer is a laptop that I could carry anywhere, but I like to do my writing in an office-like environment because outdoor means to me time to enjoy walking away.

Even though, I always carry with me a paper notepad and pens, much in the way I used to do more than 30 years ago, when I never thought to have a computer some days.

On those days I loved to walk as much as today (only that I used to do it in high heels rather tennis shoes like today) but wanting to be a writer, I knew inspiration might come up anytime and I used to stop wherever it knocked at my door to write down some lines.

I also carry with me my tablet,. but I prefer to write spare notes as in the good-old times.

5. Avigail David

Registered

Your method is my ideal and wishful thinking. Spring time will soon be here and I'll have more contact with nature. Between my children and me, most of our school work will be done outdoors. And I could squeeze in some thoughts here and there in the Diary section. :)

6. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I tend to have better ideas come to me when I am out for a walk. I am also a "bits of paper" person, forever scribbling things down on notebooks, margins of newspapers, post-it notes and anything else I can find to scrawl on. It's not very scientific, I'll admit, but it sort of works.

7. Avigail David

Registered

My writing desk where my laptop sits is in our dining room by the window. I get morning surprises. 2015-08-31 01.03.04.png