Odd Happening When Younger I Never Forgot

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Tex Dennis, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

When I was younger and still now I like knives, my uncle always got me a new one for Christmas for years. One day we were walking and he saw a playing card on the ground about 2 steps from us and said I bet you can't stick that knife in 1 throw in that card, the challenge was on then. Well I did not but the odd thing happened remember about 2 steps away was all dry dirt and we never saw the knife again, it vanished, no cracks in the dirt nothing just gone, we spent over an hour looking and never found it.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Oooer - that's a bit spooky

3. Tex Dennis

Registered

I could take you to the exact place even today it was we really looked along time it just vanished, maybe 6-7" long knife open. We often discussed that.

Another one with my uncle Jim was he was the overseer of the town cemetery a very long time and knew it very well, I rode horses everywhere and my GF and I found a very old cemetery far in the wooded swamp, I told him of it he had never heard about that ever, so the next day all of us 3 went and we showed it to him, about 2 hrs each way, he told others about it and they went to look it was never found again, my GF and I rode in there and could not find it either, some headstones from 1700's. Every time even today I go close to there I think of that.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Really fascinating read

5. Tex Dennis

Registered

The area I an talking about is east of Quinlan Tx on 276 toward Lake Tawakoni, USA in Texas. I go by there every week 1 or more times, if it were not so far in the woods and do not know now who owns the land I would look again. It would be a good day trip, I would want 1-2 more with me. Take GPS also. I know no one that would be interested these days.

With the response here I will add my uncle was the care taker of the north grave yard on 34 north, when the state black topped the road (34) many years ago they unearthed many graves where the road is that were unknown, Uncle Jim said they were mass buried in an unmarked location on the property and there WAS still many more under hiway 34 not moved. He had all the records of all this, the oldest head stone I found was 1745, it is still there.

Patsy Faye likes this.