Oh Boy, This Is Going To Lead To A Fiasco!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Trevalius Guyus, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

https://news.yahoo.com/more-1-million-mail-ballots-090049801.html

I don't care who you support. No matter what happens on election night, there will, most likely, be a protracted battle, for weeks/months afterwards, as each candidate fights to get recounts, investigations into fraud, verification of votes cast, etc., etc.

Yeah, I'm planning on staying up on election night, until a winner is called. Maybe I better plan on hanging out in my TV room through January 20th, 2021!

Get your popcorn ready, y'all!

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If the election isn’t a total landslide one way or the other with both electoral votes and popular votes making one candidate the overwhelming winner, I’m afraid you’re right.

3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The dems spent the last four years trying to undo the 2016 election so it will be nothing new when Trump wins the 2020 election.

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This is one election that I can't WAIT to be over. To say that I expect a clusterf!ck of major proportions is putting it mildly. (Excuse my French but that's the best word for this. :p )

I heard last night that many early voters are asking how they can CHANGE their vote. Good grief.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's why I vote on election day. I have the benefit of more information. Campaigns, on the other hand, want to encourage their supporters to vote early, while they're still willing to vote for them.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh Lord, it looks like it's President Biden. Fasten your seat belts for the next 4 years folks. Kamala will be in the forefront with her Squad pals.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I just hope that the loser will accept the will of the people and we don't have to hear squabbling and lawsuits for the next year. I'll be glad when this election is over. I figure that I survived the Obama years so I can survive Biden (at least until Kamala takes over when he is "suicided.")

I reminded myself today that I am an old person, and the "new Americans" don't believe as I do. I'm happy that Texas remained RED, even without the votes in major population areas of Houston, Austin, Dallas, etc. I guess the sanctuary cities will be unabated going forward so we can all support the illegal hordes waiting at the border.

"Presione 1 para español, 2 para inglés."

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

If you can not stop corruption than you get what you deserve

Frank Sanoica and Terry Coywin like this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

It is my opinion that the republican party has cheated so often and so long they are suspect of any one else, at least since the days of the Poll Tax.

Dale Young, Nancy Hart and Mary Robi like this.
  10. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

No matter who wins, Biden's speech, today, was refreshing: It's great to hear a politician speak in a professional, calm and dignified manner. I also enjoyed Obama's recent speech supporting Joe, although i wasn't nuts about Obama, once he got elected. He is an amazingly great speaker, though.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Biden only needs six more electoral votes and Nevada has them. They are leaning toward him so, he's in.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

There is plenty of corruption on both sides, Martin. No one is foolish enough to believe otherwise.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I don't understand why normally sane people get so riled up over elections. In 2015 after Trump won, a "friend" of mine was wailing and carrying on about the election and so I said, "well, it can't be any worse than the past 8 years of Obama." She has not spoken to me since. Seriously??

Today I got an email from another friend who worships at Trump's altar. She is going to have a stroke with all the conspiracy theories about the election and how it was "stolen." She has already snapped at me because I am willing to accept that Biden may have actually won. :rolleyes:

Good Lord, people. This is America. Ya wins some and ya loses some; life goes on. I was hoping for a conservative win but honestly I can't stand either candidate, so I'm not so emotionally invested.

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

What I find troubling is that we may find ourselves back to where we were four years ago. Kowtowing to China. Everything made in China. NATO members not paying their share. NAFTA reinstalled. Mideast peace agreements undone. Unemployment at record highs. Gas prices out of sight.

If you are a praying person, pray for the US now. We need it.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I saw that Kanye West got 60,000 votes and has vowed to run again in 2024. :rolleyes: Good grief.